Operation Alaskan Road **PICS!!!**

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
Check it out. I just got back on sunday.

Operation Alaskan road- promised by the government to the native who live in alaska that they'll build a road for them.

it's suppose to connect 1 city to another. it's promised 47 years ago and now we just got around to it. it's suppose to be done in 2007.

what we do there is cut through mountains and make it into roads. as seen on one of hte pics with the curvy gravel road with the mountain in the background

for some reason, the pics is show backward. just scroll through the bottom of the page and go upward. the bottom of the page is when we're leaving for alaska. the top is when we're coming home.
http://home.comcast.net/~all4bao/new_page_1.htm

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Thanks for sharing.. The pics turned out great. A cpl ?'s. whats causing the discoloration in the water in a few shots? Whats in the large pits with bags around it? So are they rotating units in & out untill the project is done are did yours go in to do a spacific job? Looks like you guys made the best of it & had a good time.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Great pics! How long were you there for? Flyin' 1st class ehh? Guess the Marines aren't as tough as I thought....JK... :icon_wink I'm flying home from Germany tomorrow and I'll be in coach...wishing I was in 1st...you lucky devil you...

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
aye mate said:
Great pics! How long were you there for? Flyin' 1st class ehh? Guess the Marines aren't as tough as I thought....JK... :icon_wink I'm flying home from Germany tomorrow and I'll be in coach...wishing I was in 1st...you lucky devil you...

hah. we didn't even have tickets to begin with. we just showed up asking them to print our ticket. told them we have orders. he's like here you go.

a few minutes later, we got called back on the PA. he's like, let me see your tickets again. he shread them all up and printed us new ones.

as soon as we got into the Boeing 777 (coincidence lol?), all of our seats are in first class.

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
Steve_N said:
Thanks for sharing.. The pics turned out great. A cpl ?'s. whats causing the discoloration in the water in a few shots? Whats in the large pits with bags around it? So are they rotating units in & out untill the project is done are did yours go in to do a spacific job? Looks like you guys made the best of it & had a good time.

they called it the red sea. some type of poisonous pollen released under the sea that cause all of the shellfish to be poisonous to human being if you eat it.

inside the large pit with bags around it is our fuel bladder. it holds 20,000 gallons of JP-8 (diesel equilvalent). that's our job there (5 of us) we just take fuel from a ship (18,000 gallons) and fuel up a fuel truck that goes on the mountain to fill up all of the heavy machines used to make roads. (dozers, fork lifts, rock grinders, mountain drillers, tree cutters, etc..)

that's why our fuel site is right by the ocean. a ship comes in every other week to refuel us with about 18k of fuel.

we have the easiest job there. every day, we waste 6 minutes of doing actual work (fill up only 1 fuel truck) and then we have the rest of the day pretty much to ourselves.

we all ended up doing nothing but watching movies and doing nothing but sitting around by the ocean.