open DP

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Here is mine running an open DP, don't mind the ROD KNOCK haha, It was a vid I took for getting help, but you can hear the exhaust at idle and reving a little. Once I get her back together I will have vids while driving. Open DP is loud as hell. running with scissors

sarichmond

Vehicular Motion
Jun 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
jimi87-t said:
Here is mine running an open DP, don't mind the ROD KNOCK haha, It was a vid I took for getting help, but you can hear the exhaust at idle and reving a little. Once I get her back together I will have vids while driving. Open DP is loud as hell. running with scissors

Jimi87-t, Do you still have AC?

mazzer

Banned
May 3, 2005
st.louis,mo
lets me just say this.. its REALLY loud! its fine till about 1500 rpms then its simply obnixious. it rattles EVERYTHING. your car, your brain everything around you. one of the plus' are the backfires though. mine sounded like a gun shot.seriously. and it would light the entire bottom of the car.did it once next to some lady on the highway and she litteraly swerved and went into the next lane..lol

Milenko

Mar 31, 2005
Mifflinville, PA
I have an electric cutout. Here are two vids of it sitting in my driveway. First one is the car starting with the cutout closed and the second starts with the cutout closed and ends with it open.

http://smvideos.suprapics.com/index.php?fileid=242d1deae17205f1bfc79b0eb33d9e2b

http://smvideos.suprapics.com/index.php?fileid=649df4019d66b770ed0a17e5e4fbe424

Edit - they were taken with my digital camera, so the audio quality sucks. Sorry. The car is stupid loud when cruising. I only open the cutout when I'm far away from civilization cause I'm sure it would attract lots of unwanted attention.

Milenko

Mar 31, 2005
Mifflinville, PA
Agreed. That's why I went with the electric cutout instead of just leaving the DP open. This way I can open it up when I want to go fast and close it when I want to be quiet and not be noticed.

Turbo-Joe said:
open DP is far too loud for me. i like my exhaust. it's quiet when cruising and has a more 'refined' sound (for lack of a better word)

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
ehh, I have a "manual" cut out...being that I have to crawl my big ass under the car and take it off. Only time I take it off is for track. I did it this once though so he could hear it. Yes, technically it's not OPEN DP, but the cutout is a few inches shy of the DP. Best I could do, sorry.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
Jspec7m88 said:
http://www.putfile.com/supramanmk3

I have a vid there of me just driving around w/ open DP. all 3", no cat.
Doesn't sound too much like it does in person being that it was just from a digital camera, but it will give you an idea. Sounds like a big dodge cummins in person, lol.
that was a good video clip of it but does any one also have the sound of an open dp under boost??