ongoing progress of my supra

b'smk3

wish my grass was emo
Mar 22, 2009
indian head, MD
got this gem for $450 on some lady that had it sitting in a field for 6 years. its an 88 turbo/auto targa. ended up being a pile of shit and way to much work was needed on the body so I pulled the 7m and started pulling it apart while I looked for another car. (all this was a few years ago)

new ARP head studs and a HKS 1.2mm MHG

I found an 89 hard top N/A 5 speed. body was in nice shape and interior was fairly clean so I got to pulling her apart as well

interior cleaned up nice

after cleaning the interior and pulling the 7mge it was time to start buy some goodies and getting the GTE in the new car

ended up getting a good deal on a full set of mkiv N/A rears off an old roommate

got some stuff painted and got the car together.

stock driver seat had to go, there was a big rip in the base and the side was all warn from getting in and out

while I was in there I shortened up the top end of the shifter a little

cam out alright

at this point it was just over 2 years ago and I moved from maine to Maryland, I didn't have a place to keep my car so I couldn't bring it with me... kinda sucks but hey what can you do

Last edited:

b'smk3

wish my grass was emo
Mar 22, 2009
indian head, MD
turns out you can still buy parts haha so I just started another stock pile of shit for when I bring her down

figured an extra 7mgte wound hurt, turns out this one already had H beam rods and forged pistons with ARP main bolts

might as well keep on building this one right haha why not

(turbo is a loner from my roommate)

so now im going to start collecting stuff for the new fuel system and stuff to get the head done. my plan is injector clinic 1250cc injectors new fuel rail with -10 supply and -8 return with lines to match. fuel cell with duel walbro inline pumps with 10 & 100 micron filters. plan on having one of my heads P&P with +2mm ex valves and +1mm int, duel springs and 272 cams.