Ongoing General MRSO Chat Area

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Working out a crank trigger issue with Megasquirt , other than that just been enjoying Driving the car , finally ! Man it's hard to keep my foot out of it !

sean2000gt

May 10, 2011
Va
So i was forum lurking just discoered this thread with everyone being kinda local to me. I'm from the newport news area. i have a 1jz single located in my 240. currently havin ecu issues but once she's back again i'm deff for maybe tryin to go to meets with everyone or whatever there is to do around here. haha. Also, i've got a nikon and i'm all into just riding around and doin lil photoshoots and whatnot so figured i'd post in here in case anyone is ever down for just chillin or whatever. the name is Sean obviously. just wanted to say hey :)

sean2000gt

May 10, 2011
Va
Oh trust me, the shell is uber rough. lol. when things work out and i have some spare cash, find the right shell...and figure out where i can do the work(living at an apt complex sucks!) it'll all be going into a new body. But it's a 1jz with a precision 60-1 running off an aristo ecu all stock currently. just ordered slightly bigger injectors and will be doing the boost cut defender and headin for 450wheel which will be plenty fun in a 240. I'm just sick of being all alone screwin with this jz stuff and now i figure out there's a frikkin thread will all local jz guys. haha.

p1727114_1.jpg

p1727114_2.jpg

p1727114_3.jpg

johnnymartens123

Jan 8, 2011
Virginia (chesapeake/va beach)
Dude that thing is going to be sick!! Yea the group of guys here really know their way around the jz so if you ever get stuck just shoot of one these dudes a pm and they will able to help you out.
Sidenote- The soarer is going to be dyno in a month! SO stoked!!!!! Hopefully throwing down some good numbers

Last edited:

sean2000gt

May 10, 2011
Va
hell yeah man. i kinda have a faint dream of doin the luxury sc with a jz. deff wanna check it out sometime. i'm currently stuck with the boost cut at 15lbs but it's exactly with a zo6 so it's plenty fun. The ecu i fried will start the car but it's just super rich(melted one of the ecu grounds)...bought another aristo ecu with the exact same serial numbers and it just kinda turns on for a half sec then keeps cranking?(it's not grounding the injectors for some reason) so i just purchased 2 more ecu's so one better start the car then i'll just sell the rest. that's sick though that you have a sc with the swap...i was kinda under the impression that there wasn't anything around here...just a bunch of hondas. lol. What's all done to the sc?

johnnymartens123

Jan 8, 2011
Virginia (chesapeake/va beach)
You should do a SC jz build, one of the easiest cars to drift with figuring thats what you are building the 240 for ,sucks about the Ecu problem Im sure that one of them gots to work. Shoot Applesauce a pm and Im sure he will set you straight with the wiring. Yea I only know of one other SC that is 1jz not alot of us out here. Whats done with the SC lets see lol. its basically 1jz bpu. Putting new twins on it this next month the twins has t25 steel wheels so its gonna give me more flow should be good up to 400whp on twins.3in dp/y pipe, Tein HA coils, welded diff,w58 tranny etc lol yea man I would offer you my garage so you can work in but the wife would kill me but if you really needed it I can arrange something at my place not a big spot but you dont have to worry about someone nagging on you. Are you in the Navy?

sean2000gt

May 10, 2011
Va
No sir. my whole family is military but i didn't wanna get into it. haha. i went to wyotech up in Pa and got a job down here with Casey Auto Subaru. Had an integra for 2.5 years and wyotech had such nasty cars so i needed somethin better. lol. traded my teg for this 240 with a stock 1jz...within 2 weeks the turbos were smoking beyond all belief, so hence the single conversion. its had it's hiccups which always take forever to sort out but i absolutely love this motor setup. It was running great for a month or two after i did the aristo ecu plug conversion but one night i was screwin with some viper on the interstate and the wastegate melted a power and ground together and that's what killed the ecu. Hopefully in a few days it's back up running. Deff wanna check out this sc sometime though. are there any kind of meets or shows coming up that you know of?

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Were all going out this Sat night, anybody wants to hang out and go ride , text/PM me or Applesauce.

Good to meet you sean, I would love to see your 240! Helped a friend do a RB swap last year, so i know how sick the power must feel ! youll be in good hands with this group. I know a guy selling a 240 shell and an SC build would be sick too .

sean2000gt

May 10, 2011
Va
Got the other new ecu and this one does that same as the other i bought....no injector pulse (checked with noid light). when i spray carb cleaner in it'll run for a few seconds so it's deff a fuel issue...there is pressure at the rail. i do have signal at the coils..and i have 12v to the injectors..i've read that what seems like the only thing that causes just the injectors to not fire is no ig/rpm signal..so i was thinkin maybe a bad ignitor...yet i have my afc hooked up and i start the car with my fried ecu it shows the rpms correctly.?? could no neutral saftey switch be causin this injector issue? i never had it wired before and it ran the aristo ecu that i fried..yet now this is 2 new ecu's that won't ground the injector through the ecu...sooo lost..and sooo sick of my car just sitting. how's everyone else's saturday night goin? lol

sean2000gt

May 10, 2011
Va
i made a lil progress today. so i've had 2 new ecu's which won't start the car...today i was going through the spare parts i got with the car and there was a spare turbo pressure sensor. I hooked it up instead of my current map and suddenly the new ecus would start the car but once again it's super rich. i checked my afc and the voltage isn't steady whatsoever with the random turbo pressure sensor..hooked back up my old map and once again no start. My old map sensor had a green label on it which is the proper map sensor. this random sensor i found has a yellow label and i looked up the part number and it appears to be a turbo pressure sensor for a gauge...and not for the ecu..if i'm comprehending that right...so now i'm on the hunt for a new map sensor because i'm thinkin when i had the power and ground melt together it might have done some work to the internals of my map sensor. moooaarr shopping. yee frikkin ha.

sean2000gt

May 10, 2011
Va
The 240 is Aliiiiivee. :) so the kill list on the electrical issue was a fried ecu and fried map sensor. plugged in the new map and purred like a kitten and no more richness. Is anything going on this weekend? All my friends went home and i'm stuck working. any good places for fireworks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpFgjpIqTuM

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Hey guys, sorry for my absence over the last few weeks. Heather and I have had an opportunity come up in the Greensboro NC area, and we have been spending what little off time we have together to weigh our options regarding this. None of my co-workers know about this, but should the company in Greensboro come back with the offer I am expecting, I will likely accept it.
Now that this is mostly sorted out, I can get back to MRSO Stuffs!!!
Now we might be moving, but that doesn't mean we'd be any less MRSO. I'm trying to make sure that I secure a garage down there where I can start hoarding my own Supra parts and accessories. Plus we'll be visiting the Hampton Roads area often. (It's a 4hr hike.)
But hey, they haven't officially offered me a job yet, so this all may be pointless planning in the end anyway. :shrug:

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Chase,

I would guess that this move would mean an increase in salary, or, a move to an area closer to family of more preferred, so lets hope it comes through for you. I would also weigh the job security issue that is always involved in such a carrier move. These days that is often more important than salary. I am still considering attending the MIR Import Invasion event on August the 7th. There is a thread on the other board (Northeast Section) which has the schedule etc. Barring any unforeseen problems I hope to make it.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
sixpatch;1733325 said:
Hey guys, sorry for my absence over the last few weeks. Heather and I have had an opportunity come up in the Greensboro NC area, and we have been spending what little off time we have together to weigh our options regarding this. None of my co-workers know about this, but should the company in Greensboro come back with the offer I am expecting, I will likely accept it.
Now that this is mostly sorted out, I can get back to MRSO Stuffs!!!
Now we might be moving, but that doesn't mean we'd be any less MRSO. I'm trying to make sure that I secure a garage down there where I can start hoarding my own Supra parts and accessories. Plus we'll be visiting the Hampton Roads area often. (It's a 4hr hike.)
But hey, they haven't officially offered me a job yet, so this all may be pointless planning in the end anyway. :shrug:

Hehe I make a hike to martinsville every other weekend. Currently there now. Was just in SC for a 4th of july vacation

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk