Ongoing General MRSO Chat Area

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Well get Jordan to give you my number , I've only got a two week window to work on other cars . Once mine comes back from paint, I'll be swamped getting it assembled for the meet !
So up till about Apr 16th. I've got some free time .
I'm doing a intercooler upgrade and alum pipes on a 2j gs300 right now .

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
I think I'll be ok . I just gotta install the interior once I get it back. There's more issues with getting it tuned right then with assembly , at this point .
I think it'll get the real Uncle Marks approval !

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Yeah, you guys have been pumping like crazy lately...kinda jealous, but hey..that's life. ;)

Davismj711;1706240 said:
Mark

If you only have until April 16th, you in big trouble ^^ Anxious to see that Supra.

White Zombie;1706246 said:
I think I'll be ok . I just gotta install the interior once I get it back. There's more issues with getting it tuned right then with assembly , at this point .
I think it'll get the real Uncle Marks approval !

Hehe....May 16th, perhaps?

johnnymartens123

Jan 8, 2011
Virginia (chesapeake/va beach)
Jordan the deed is done! haha I cant wait to get those twins, super stoke. Hopefully the single turbo kit sells fast.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

O yea forgot to throw this out there. If anyone has a 1jz and looking to for a massive single let me know!! :)

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Jul 19, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Well guys, I'm leaving in a couple weeks for a 3 year vacation. Gonna spend a lot of time on my cars since I didn't get to for the last four years. I decided to scrap the boosted V8 idea for the Supra because it's impossible to find the proper parts to adapt a tranny that will hold that much power, so started back on the 700hp 7M. I almost have all the parts to finish, just need time. The Celica is getting a MKI rear end and a 1UZ/W58 combo. hopefully will be driving one up in May for the next meet. I'd like a big group to come from here and meet at my house to head down for TX2K next year.

sorry i haven't been keeping u guys updated. got the transmission in yesterday, just a few problems though. the seal for the pan is shot, its leaking pretty badly. also did the transmission come out of a turbo car? we hooked all the wires up and the o/d is flashing not too big a deal but its annoying. anyways thank u so much davis, my car drives much better and feels completely different. its definetly a big improvement. ill post pics up later.

hmm so now im concerned. the trans is shifting harder than it was earlier today and its making a knocking noise. also while im in park or nuetral and i rev the engine a weird whirring noise occurs. almost as if there is a belt rubbing against metal. what could be causing this? i've checked the fluid levels and they seem to be good, idk what burnt transmission fluid smells like but it does smell weird to me.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
forcefedsupra;1717090 said:
Well guys, I'm leaving in a couple weeks for a 3 year vacation. Gonna spend a lot of time on my cars since I didn't get to for the last four years. I decided to scrap the boosted V8 idea for the Supra because it's impossible to find the proper parts to adapt a tranny that will hold that much power, so started back on the 700hp 7M. I almost have all the parts to finish, just need time. The Celica is getting a MKI rear end and a 1UZ/W58 combo. hopefully will be driving one up in May for the next meet. I'd like a big group to come from here and meet at my house to head down for TX2K next year.

Sorry to hear you are leaving so soon. At least you plan on keeping in touch and coming back for the meets. : p

Droid X via Gummyjar 2.5

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Andrew,

I do hope it is not what that sounds like. Could be a front pump going out. As I said, that tranny was working fine when removed, however it did sit in a static state for close to 10 yrs. I hope the noise is coming from somewhere else, hate to see anyone have to R&R a tranny twice. Good Luck ^^

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
White Zombie;1726731 said:
Well look who joined Earth again ...
Where the hell have you been London ?

Eh, busy getting things in order. Cutting down on unnecessary bills 'n such. Preparing for a 4th of July vacation. When I get back, I'll finish up the GE wiring and get my 1.5 out of the shop. Until then, just being patient. : p

Yourself?