Ongoing General MRSO Chat Area

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Howdy yall.. Just changed my oil.. My 89 Turbo daily has been holding up to these extreme temps somehow.. the power steering pump screams when its cold and sometimes I have to play with the fusebox in the kicerpanel to get moving.. Once she warms up she enjoys the highway drive to work. Turbo lovin that dense air. Im thinkin I may drop some tax money on her soon.

We put a new 57trim turbo on Drakes car but the coolant leak came back along with oilpan gasket failure. Im sure us 2 richmond supras will be havin some fun as soon as the weather breaks so we can do some work.

Ps to OldSkool Mark711... I cannot believe u let that car go to someone else.... It was probably worth a good stock MKIV in my book.. the detail u put n2 it was amazing to me

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Change as they say is never easy ^^
It was worth a good stock N/A MK IV, but not quite the TT 6 speed I picked up (Little over half). If I could have done it financially, I would have kept it and purchased the MK IV also. However, I would have needed to add onto my garage, and keeping my better half happy would have been a wee bit more than difficult. At this point in my life I am allowed one big boy toy, and I am ok with that. My MK III went to a good guy that was 68 years old and had waited all of 20 + years to buy his dream car, a MK III. I am glad he got mine, and that his dream in life is realized. I will admit it sure did seem odd to see it going down the road w/o me.
I know most of you will find that it is not the machine we are running in this group that matters, what does matter is that we have the group. It will take me years to get this MK IV up to the level I had my MK III, but it will be there ^^

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Glenn,

You will.
Pretend you are building a model car (Plastic) Revelle style. Pay attention to all the details that most people will never see, and the car guys will. The investment is mostly in time spent, many including my older brother believed in the motto " Function before Form", I am of the motto " Function enhanced with Form" My car will never be the fastest, I learned from my racing days that there is almost always something or someone faster. Once we start down the road of heavy performance mods there is no looking back, and no end to the $$ you will spend. I am not saying that is not a fun road to go down, just that I went down it enough times to know which road I prefer, and we all prefer something different.

I do however aspire to making my car very reliable, giving me more time to spend on the "Form". The problem I have always had is that seldom am I completely happy with an end result, perfect is so very difficult to attain.

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Whats in that sweet Tennessee town? Mark I know your new car will be incredible once you have spent sometime with her.. Im sure watching the MKIII roll out of sight without you behind the wheel was a little emotional since you put so much time and effort in.. Im certainly glad we have this group that has something so awesome to dedicate itself to.. I lurked on these boards for years before I ever considered being an official memeber.. Wanted to wait till I got my car before I joined.. Its awesome to see how this message board has grown to what it is.. Now that we provide info on all supras as well as cressidas and many different toyota engine and tranny combos.. Networking with other owners is mandatory as a owner of one of these cars

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Less than 125 days till next meet.

Jordan and all, it is never too early to get the date and rain date solidified. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, May 21 is better, and if you can consider a may 28 that is even better than the 2st. With all the complications a May 28th meet may bring, it also has some strong positives. That Monday off may free many up to get there on the 28th. It would not interfere with those that had traditional Memorial Day plans, and would give many from greater distances the opportunity to plan a drive over up or down. I will be there no matter the date, just my 2 cents, which these days is worth less than the metal used to make it.

Hope everyone's progress is better than mine, the weather and my work keep complicating things up here. It does look like we will all be paying much more for gas this year, I am at a loss as to why we sit on our reserves which are greater than the Middle East's only to supposedly save a Moose or a bug no one has ever heard of. Our offshore oil field leases being bought up by the Chinese, what is this world coming to.

BTW: I have 2 7MGTE engines left over consider them mostly complete , one is w/o a turbo and manifold. Also a 5 speed diff out of a 87 7MGTE. Blue Dash ( Perfect) Maroon Dash (Good). Tons of Maroon interior pieces. One 6M crank which was going to be used for a rebuild on one of the engines that suffered crank key fatigue, at the crank pulley end.

Last edited:

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Date was changed to MAY 28th. I didn't think about the long weekend that might bring a few more people. I hope everyone is working hard to get there beast running correct, I know the VA group is grinding hard. I know Mark(Hampton, VA) has had his hands full and is working very hard to get the beast running. Def gonna be a car to see come Supra Meet. My old Shell... I miss the silver bullet alot, Mark put it through a Ricki Lake makeover(don't judge me:naughty:)

Mark(Penn) I am doing the research on those parts and should have a price list with instructions on payment in a few days. I can't think of anyone that needs a 7m right now but if you could send me a few pics of these parts when you have time supedup_1@yahoo.com "I can sell dirt to a worm". Def a good chance for someone to get a standby motor or one to rebuild on the side.

I will start a May in May thread soon so standby for that. PM me if there are any ideas or question you have about the meet.

If anyone needs anything please ask, we all have a few parts laying around.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
May 28th warm weather I love it ^^ I realize we will have the traffic to deal with, but we will also have the hope of getting more interested in traveling with that extra day on Monday. We will probably drive to Chester on Thurs, then hit Va Beach on Friday, get a room there until departure on Tuesday morning.

Jordan, I am at the ready with the plastic whenever you get those numbers for me ^^ Thanks for your effort.

yota8791

Jan 20, 2009
virginia
its gonna be a crunch to try to get mine back together in time but im gonna try i hate i missed last years. are yall planning on having a dyno event again?

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
yota8791;1670943 said:
its gonna be a crunch to try to get mine back together in time but im gonna try i hate i missed last years. are yall planning on having a dyno event again?

Maybe! Still working on details for this year. Last years dyno didn't go to well. I have to re-group that idea...

What is it you are working on?

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
I should be good that day as well....

Mark...since you have some maroon pieces, you wouldn't happen to have the cargo cover?

I have a friend who will be purchasing an MR2 soon and interested in attending. There's also a new 87T owner on the other forum that I've invited as well. Looking good so far.... :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Im still hoping for a dyno day either the last weekend of Feb or the first weekend of March. Lemme know which is best for everyone so we can get the group rate! I wanna nail this down this week if possible. All aspects will be requiring a deposit from us a couple days before the dyno day so it can be reserved.