"One week from today" 1jz Project.

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
After MUCH anticipation the motor is finally coming in on friday.

1jz-gte

96d8_1.JPG

The car its going into, 1990 Toyota Supra (previously 7m-gte) 5spd Targa 3e5
Title says 93k odo 186k, sticker on the door says odo was changed at 14k(I'm still trying to figure it out). Paint could use work and body is mostly mint apart from a few scratches and scuff marks, but enough of my babbling heres the good stuff.

p973685_1.jpg

p973685_2.jpg

p973685_3.jpg

The old and soon to be replaced... ill have more pictures when it comes in.
p973685_4.jpg

First task is to get it running. After that y pipe, DP, hi-flow cat, BoostController, SAFC, FUEL, Intercooler..... all in order unless i find a deal. and the rest is another story for another day.

UkiSash

Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
Nick M;973874 said:
I don't see any corrosion/rust in the engine compartment. That should make for a nice final project.

Yep the car was rust free. However now there is a small spot under the door hinge. I just really need to clean out the engine bay from all of the oil and grease.

UkiSash

Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
ITS HERE ITS HERE.......and um :( its got a few nicks. Some moron banged up my alternator, the plug on the harness for the fusebox is smashed, the cam gear cover has cracks in it, so far Jon, who knows a thing or two about this damn thing said they cut some wires they didn't need to.

other than that i must say, i was expecting something the size of the empire state building with Gatling guns and rocket launchers on it! Although thats worn off and I'm starting to take this bad boy apart and clean some stuff. PICS later on today!!!!! :)

I think I'll be the only jz mkiii in WETHERSFIELD !!!!! WOO WOO .... :)( I'm aware thats not saying much but its the little things that make us smile. lol)

UkiSash

Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
Another little update, I called the importer and got him to send me another alternator, and the hydro fan as he promiced. Thankfully this guy has been nothing but good news. So this weekend i should have everything ready for the swap. Anticipation builds up as the time goes by.

UkiSash

Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
WAAA Im three parts away from having this thing run. Hoping to have the motor inside the car this weekend, with the AV tubes hooked up to the central life support systems. Still need an alternator wheel, fan, and throttle cable.