One of the scariest moments of my life happened last night...

Tango_hotel

serial thread killer
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I saw a website once that had an ongoing thread about the optimal round/weapon for putting dogs down. It seemed the bulk of attacks were pitbull, with a smattering of other large breeds. The site had determined that anything above .40 caliber in pistols, all shotguns except .410, and most centerfire rifle rounds were adequate. I have seen (and fired on) a pack of feral dogs attacking a newborn calf. The mini-14 I was using at the time worked very well, 8 rounds fired with 5 KIA.

Feral dogs are nothing to laugh at- good shoot man.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Poodles;1376057 said:
One must remember that domesticated dogs are not a different species from wolves. We've bred them to look and act the way the do over thousands of years.

Just like cats, left in the wild they will either die or turn wild.

You said it bit someone's grandkid? Rabies is deadly, need to do whatever needs to be done for that child's sake...

exactly, any dog can breed with wolves and produce fertile offspring (not sterile offspring, like mules and ligers/tigons..)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Animal control will not come out here because it's outside of city limits. They can only respond to calls in the city proper. This is the reason that we have to deal with them the old fashion way.

The child that was bitten was bitten approximately two weeks ago. The victim had ample opportunity to expire the dog and take it in for testing themselves.