?? on tems

SupraBro

i have a 88 mk3 with tems and all 4 of my shocks are bad....i dont want to pay that much for shocks because of tems....can i just get shocks for a ma-70....does it matter??...i dont care about tems, im about done with my build and this is one of my last things...sorry if this is a repost....just need someone's help....thanks

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
hvyman;1529154 said:
If you want cheap monroes are like 60 for all 4 at autozone. Tokicos are good tho.

Monroe dampers are actually made by a pretty good company, no reason not to use them if your just wanting to replace some blown shocks. If you have the extra 30-50 bucks go ahead and get the car aligned, should help your tires last longer.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
supraguru05;1529202 said:
Monroe dampers are actually made by a pretty good company, no reason not to use them if your just wanting to replace some blown shocks. If you have the extra 30-50 bucks go ahead and get the car aligned, should help your tires last longer.

Ya I noticed that the spring perch is a little bit higher on them. I installed some h&r's with some monroe's on a friends car and it was a tad higher than my old car with tokicos.