? on conrod cap/bearing

88mk|||

Apr 5, 2014
Las Vegas
sup guys, so i notice that the con rod bearing for the cap wont stay in the cap,weird? the bearings are newish the head gasket blew so i was doing an inspection and wanted to check the bearings. also the bearings are 10 over. bearings look very good and lots of life left but im not sure is this how its supposed to be. thx

88mk|||

Apr 5, 2014
Las Vegas
sorry jus seen your answer, thx.. so if i put new bearings they should be snug? hopfully, i know i gotta measure.. also re size the rods? if i had the rod machined then what bearing do i put in there to fit?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
When you resize a rod you take material from the part line making the hole smaller than stock then bore/hone it back to the stock size.

New bearing will only "work" if it's lost it's crush fit in the cap, try swapping that bearing shell into another rod and see if it falls out.

88mk|||

Apr 5, 2014
Las Vegas
ohhh i see about the rod bore, thank you. The main bearing is tight in its cap. Im thinkin this is common to see with conrods? its like a one time fit, once engine has been operated its not possible to take off a rod cap and re install bearings?