OMG--- Its bad!!!

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Well... my dream white supra na... is slowly turning into a nightmare:cry:

She has the symptoms of a BHG ready to happen.::bhg::

And the transmission is bad...:3d_frown:

I dont have the $$ to get her fixed.... I may just give her up to have my Blk supra finished.:cry: I really dont want to do that!

My Blk 87 supra has a good motor and tranny.... but bad body.:nono:

My White 86.5 has a good body... but bad motor and tranny.....:3d_frown:

Decisions decisions:runaway:

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
stanzaspeed said:
swap time :D

I dont have the $$ to do the swap... i wish!!!

I was thinking of giving the guy my white sup to do the body work on my blk.. he said he would paint it white or any other color for me....ummm it would be cool but I have a tan interior in the blak....

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Sell both, get a car that gets better gas mileage and requires less maintenance, work on the "not enough money" thing, then buy a better Supra when you can really afford it. Keep the economy car to drive while you mod the Supra. :biggrinki

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Yellow 13 said:
Shouldnt be very expensive to swap motors, get a hoist and as long as you dont take the engine apart you shouldnt have to spend anything (other than some fresh fluids).

easier said than done... I dont have a place to do it. I live in apts. :3d_frown:

thanks tho! :naughty:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
BlkSupra87 said:
easier said than done... I dont have a place to do it. I live in apts. :3d_frown:

thanks tho! :naughty:

No money, no place to work on it, and no other car to drive.

That should be the three prerequisites of owning a mk3! :biglaugh:
We will prey it will fix itself.

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I be a "Her".... lol

I can drive my black sup....

The white one is drivable... just around town not highway....:nono:

I will have $$ for new engine and tranny.... in Feb. Just have to wait i guess...

I plan to put a <50K jap engine.... so no more issues:x:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
BlkSupra87 said:
I be a "Her".... lol

I can drive my black sup....

The white one is drivable... just around town not highway....:nono:

I will have $$ for new engine and tranny.... in Feb. Just have to wait i guess...

I plan to put a <50K jap engine.... so no more issues:x:

It has a 1jz-ge?!? That would be a first. Post some pics of the engine bay so I can see what you are looking at. The cost of the engine itself will be the less then all the other items and labor needed though. :cry:

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
bigaaron said:
It has a 1jz-ge?!? That would be a first. Post some pics of the engine bay so I can see what you are looking at. The cost of the engine itself will be the less then all the other items and labor needed though. :cry:

I will post them up by the weekend. Both cars.

They guy that gave me the Supra w/engine + other parts said it cost about $1300 total w/labor. He is a dealer and used his connections to get it done. he said he would do it for the white one when i had the $$, use his connections to get it cheaper.:naughty:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
bigaaron said:
Sell both, get a car that gets better gas mileage and requires less maintenance, work on the "not enough money" thing, then buy a better Supra when you can really afford it. Keep the economy car to drive while you mod the Supra. :biggrinki

That's exactly what I do. Working two jobs lets me spend around 400-500 a month on the supra (will be selling my 3G and buying a metro and I will be saving an additional 350-400 a month on top of that!).