OMG---BHG!!!!

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Well as predicted my 86.5 blew the headgasket .... :cry:

As I was getting off the freeway to go home... my car was smoking... yet the temp gauge didnt go up to hot.... it was at closer to the c than to the RED H.... Dumped the coolant into resevior... didnt explode.... but of course it would die as soon as it was started..... well luckily i know a tow guy who came to the rescue and took the car to his shop... :3d_frown:

he will give me the prognosis tomorrow early afternoon.... so anyone I owe $$ to... Please give me some more time until i know what's up with my car... i use it for DD cuz someone else is using my 87....:nono:

Thanks to all for your kind patience...

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
p367543_1.jpg

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
daledoe said:
That sucks!!! How meny miles are on the motor and has it been rebuilt befor???

I dont know... I got it about 1 month ago.... w/204K on it... :cry:

first the tranny was going.. now the BHG.....:cry: :aigo:

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
bigaaron said:
Sorry to hear that. :(

I always tell people that most mk3's are sold after the first signs of bhg occur.

I was cool with it... i was going to swap the engine from my 87 to the 86.5.... but this happened before I could do it.

i was going to sell the 87 chassis.... w/out engine & Tranny both for 86.5...

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
BlkSupra87 said:
I dont know... I got it about 1 month ago.... w/204K on it... :cry:

first the tranny was going.. now the BHG.....:cry: :aigo:
Mine went at around there too :icon_bigg dont feel bad.

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
****UPDATE****:aigo:

OK... Radiator plugged have to replace
Thermostat have to replace
Head gasket has to be replaced:nono:

Tranny....(thanks! BigAaron)
Checking the sensor I was able to speak mechanic language... so now he is going to check sensors... ecu...etc. Might not have to replace!!! woohoo!!!:naughty:

Waiting to find out the FINAL cost....:(

THANKS SM friends... this woman will not be screwed!!!! I know what to get done on car!!!:love:

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Ok... mechanic took tranny apart... all burned inside... no good!!! no he cant use it for a trade... so i am stuck getting another one full price....:cry: :3d_frown:

totally out of money... now my car is sitting in his shop with her guts hanging out....literally!!!!:cry:

Luckily he said the water/coolant from radiator did not get into the engine... so he says.... he put in a new radiator... only charged me $100. nice of him. didnt charge me the towing either... very nice of him...:icon_conf

WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS BUCKETS ON ME!!!!

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Don't feel too awfully bad, I just blew the head gasket in my 5MGE :cry:

She's all choclate milk, in both coolant and crankcase. She still drives good though, blehh

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
what saved the engine... was that there was a block in the radiator... so the only way for the coolant to go was out.. to resevior...woohooo!!!!:nono: