Old Thread - See New One - Centralia/Chehalis M&G Plans

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
How stupid do you think I am... Again where those pics were take is NOT, I repeat is NOT the location we were going to park!!!

AGAIN DID YOU LOOK AT THE MAPS I POSTED... IT DOES NOT SHOW PARKING OR DRIVING IN ANY GRAVEL

Perhaps someone else do this... sorry for taking the time and volunteering!!! It won't happen again...

Last year when I went we were in front of the restaurant, I guess when I posted 2 months ago someone should have told me that you normally meet further back and I would not have suggested changing the location... All I knew was that a new business opened where we met last year and I knew they would not want us using up their customer's parking lot...

I will call and cancel and someone can tell everyone when and where to meet...

Last edited:

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
I was not being passive aggressive, I took them off, as I am no longer going to organize something just to get bitched at... I am not calling anyone names nor telling you how you are being, so I would appreciate it if you would do the same.

Someone can organize this to have it where you want it... no reason to keep pics on there, but here it is again so that you can see...

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
if my car is back on the road by then i am still down for the origional location in this thread ...looks good to me and i have a couple buddies who are in the middle of a rebuild who were trying to make that deadline.... and i think there are 2 months worth of people who are down and have no problem with the location ...... sooo whats the deal guys???? .... LAY OFF!!!!!

ra24man

Dec 11, 2006
Vantucky, WA
gottadiesel;1701988 said:
How fucking stupid do you think I am... Again where those pics were take is NOT, I repeat is NOT the location we were going to park!!!

AGAIN DID YOU LOOK AT THE FUCKING MAPS I POSTED... IT DOES NOT SHOW PARKING OR DRIVING IN ANY GRAVEL

FUCK IT someone else do this... SORRY FOR TAKING THE TIME AND VOLUNTEERING!!! It won't happen again...

Last year when I went we were in front of the restaurant, I guess when I posted 2 months ago someone should have told me that you normally meet further back and I would not have suggested changing the location... All I knew was that a new business opened where we met last year and I knew they would not want us using up their customer's parking lot...

I will call and cancel and someone can tell everyone when and where to meet...
Look man...I didn't do this to piss in someone's Wheaties...I just thought that everyone should know what was going on. Why change it up when it's always worked so well? It adds confusion to the community. There's tons of confusion..the floating date (Centralia has NEVER been on a Sunday), change in venue...I just want to help maximize turnout. I've had a half a dozen people tell me this meet is on the 15th. How's that for confusion?? If you want to get your panties in a bunch over my pics (they are of the overflow area, and the back of the main parking area BTW) than by all means...let those suckers ride up. I was just notified by a Centralia native that's been to more than one Centralia meet that your choice of location is not ideal. I felt the community needed to be notified as well. I'd be more than happy to post up a proper Centralia meet thread for the community. I was going to do it before this thread came to life. I've been around the block with these PacNW Supra meets, even organized the last PacNW Supra Nationals in Portland a few years ago. We're known by the local authorities, and local business owners around the traditional spot. They kind of expect us to show up if you catch my drift. Everyone that's been around for a few years knows where the Centralia meet is located. So why change it up? If your statement about cancelling is truly how you feel, please give me the final word. I'll have a Centralia thread up on all 3 forums in a matter of minutes. It's not like the whole Supra universe is located on Supramania. So give me the word...I'll make it happen. And when we have this meet, feel free to drop by and say hi. I'll be the dude rolling in with a two tone Supra. I'll buy you a Coke.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
The reason for the gravel issue is that some douchebag WILL do a burn out in it and WIll spray gravel all over someone's car. It happens every year some punk kind in a POS NA car will attempt to one wheel peel his car into our hearts. So why give him a huge parking lot full of it? Sorry for the TWAT comment, but you are acting passive aggressive so if you want to take your ball and go home, by all means kick gravel. Thanks for your effort.

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
ra24man -

Final Word - I do not want to organize this meet (decision is not based on feeling, based on best option for everyone) here is why...

Yes, I am new to the Supra community

SupraMania is the only site I belong to, am not aware of the other ones
I, along with a few others posted in a NW thread for 2 or 3 weeks about anyone organizing this meet - no one replied and it was getting to the point where it needed to be done

My ignorance, is that the only time I went to the meet, the Shari's was closed and everyone was parked at their front and back doors... so when I saw a new business open, my 1st thought was, crap they will not want us using up all their parking for customers.

I posted this concern and suggesting perhaps we should move it... Some agreed, I did not get any arguments, explanations nothing... So that is why it was moved.

I had NO idea that this meet had been happening for 10+ years and that you were normally parking way in the back...

The day (Sat vs Sun) the same thing took place, several posted that a lot of people work on Saturday's maybe we should look at doing it on a Sunday... So that was the reason for posting an option and seeing what the feedback was...

You assume that I took the reins and just plowed forward with no regard to anyone else (yes this is how you came across) The day and the weekend that was picked by the community was the worst day and the worst weekend for me... so how was I not keeping the community in mind?

I was told that typically there would be 50-55 cars at one time, as some show up later and some do not stay as long... One of the aspects of my business is designing revenue systems for parking structures, I know more about dimensional requirements for moving and parking a vehicle than I ever wanted to... The space I had planned (without overflow) would have held 60 cars and would have been no different than making your way through an enclosed parking garage.

So what pisses me off, is when now after weeks of posts, discussions etc... someone,yep that is you, comes in and basically says -

What are you some kind of idiot, who in the hell would want to meet there, look I have pics to show the world what kind of shit hole you are planning to put us in, you do not give a rat's ass about the supra community and abiding by our wants and needs... on and on... Talking panties bunching up or loosing your big boy underwear... There are much much better ways to approach a subject when you are confused as to how it go where it did and why... Simply ask nicely and professionally...

Like this - "So not to bring up last minute items, but I was curious as to why we are moving the location of the meeting?" That would have began a nice conversation that would have, after you educating me in the history of this meet, ending in us moving it back to the original location.

So, Why was this not brought up a month ago? If you are aware of SM being here, why did you not read this thread or the one labeled (NW thread is so lame, where this conversation 1st started) in the NW section earlier? Just curious... It would have avoided me being involved as all...

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
mattsplat72;1702128 said:
The reason for the gravel issue is that some douchebag WILL do a burn out in it and WIll spray gravel all over someone's car. It happens every year some punk kind in a POS NA car will attempt to one wheel peel his car into our hearts. So why give him a huge parking lot full of it? Sorry for the TWAT comment, but you are acting passive aggressive so if you want to take your ball and go home, by all means kick gravel. Thanks for your effort.

Apology accepted for the comment

Phrase of the Day:

Passive Aggressive - Definition:

Pertaining to behavior in which feelings of aggression are expressed in passive ways as, for example, by stubbornness, sullenness, procrastination, or intentional inefficiency.

Passive–aggressive behavior, a personality trait, is passive, sometimes obstructionist resistance to following through with expectations in interpersonal or occupational situations. It is a personality trait marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes and passive, usually disavowed resistance in interpersonal or occupational situations.

It can manifest itself as learned helplessness, procrastination, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness, or deliberate/repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.[1]

Like I said - I am not being passive aggressive... perhaps in your opinion over-reacting to someone else acting like an ass, yeah that I could agree with, though if you read my previous post above, you will see why it piss me off so.

Gravel... yes from that aspect I understand, have not witnessed that so was not aware it was a risk, as to a little gravel here and there... I have never lived in the city, gravel driveways, parking and roads have been a part of my life since I can remember, so thought nothing of it... I just drive slow when I am on gravel...

Anyway it is not out of pouting that I give in, it would be best for all, as I can quickly see that I do not know enough about the people or the history of these events to make good decisions that will keep everyone happy...

Last edited:

ra24man

Dec 11, 2006
Vantucky, WA
gottadiesel;1702132 said:
ra24man -

Final Word - I do not want to organize this meet (decision is not based on feeling, based on best option for everyone) here is why...

Thank you for almost respectfully bowing out. My name is Mark btw, pleasure meeting you.

Yes, I am new to the Supra community

SupraMania is the only site I belong to, am not aware of the other ones
I, along with a few others posted in a NW thread for 2 or 3 weeks about anyone organizing this meet - no one replied and it was getting to the point where it needed to be done...

...I posted this concern and suggesting perhaps we should move it... Some agreed, I did not get any arguments, explanations nothing... So that is why it was moved.

I had NO idea that this meet had been happening for 10+ years and that you were normally parking way in the back...

The day (Sat vs Sun) the same thing took place, several posted that a lot of people work on Saturday's maybe we should look at doing it on a Sunday... So that was the reason for posting an option and seeing what the feedback was...

Yes...and what you did in your ignorance was disclued the other 60% of the active PacNW Supra community in doing so. I wasn't trying to fault your effort, just your execution. You'll learn how this works once you've been around a couple years.

You assume that I took the reins and just plowed forward with no regard to anyone else (yes this is how you came across) The day and the weekend that was picked by the community was the worst day and the worst weekend for me... so how was I not keeping the community in mind?

I assumed nothing. I saw an ignorant community member making, what myself and the majority of the active Supra community would consider, a mistake. There are plenty of personal sacfices made when organizing a meet...Ask Duane, Dave, Brad, and Randy what personal sacrifices they made for PacNW Supra Nationals last year. I'm not going to throw a pity party...that's part of the gig bro.

So what pisses me off, is when now after weeks of posts, discussions etc... someone,yep that is you, comes in and basically says -What are you some kind of idiot, who in the hell would want to meet there, look I have pics to show the world what kind of shit hole you are planning to put us in, you do not give a rat's ass about the supra community and abiding by our wants and needs... on and on... Talking panties bunching up or loosing your big boy underwear... There are much much better ways to approach a subject when you are confused as to how it go where it did and why... Simply ask nicely and professionally...

Like this - "So not to bring up last minute items, but I was curious as to why we are moving the location of the meeting?" That would have began a nice conversation that would have, after you educating me in the history of this meet, ending in us moving it back to the original location.
Uh huh...now I see that I got under your skin. This is good...as that was my intention (hey..the F-bomb filled reaction/rant clued me in that you could be manipulated like that). I really don't think I need to ask nice...I've given plenty of myself to this community throughout the years, and will continue to do so in the future. I didn't lower myself to the level of name calling, but I'll let you do that. I can be an asshole, but I'm out of practice and wasn't very good at it this time.

So, Why was this not brought up a month ago? If you are aware of SM being here, why did you not read this thread or the one labeled (NW thread is so lame, where this conversation 1st started) in the NW section earlier? Just curious... It would have avoided me being involved as all...
Well...if I must explain myself I will, if only to appease you, my new friend. Mattsplat posted on SF in the PacNW section on March 4th that there was a Centralia thread posted here on Supramania. Now you can't link to another site on SF, so it was just mentioned. I checked that thread for a few days and lost interest as there was no date set until the 15th. I admit, by than I had forgot about the Centralia thread here, as I don't frequent SM. I usually only post here to inform my MkIII bretheren that there is a PacNW meet going down (how respectful is that?), or if Duane sends me some goofy link here. It was around the 15th that Matt added a poll in hos SF thread for two dates (the 14th or the 14th). It was a funny addition if you hang out in the PacNW section of SF. The actual location was revealed on the 24th of March, at which time there were multiple posts requesting cross posting to the other forums. You didn't do it. So I lurked, and while I lurked I drew up my master plan to undermine your efforts so you could call me an asshole. Does that explain it well enough? ;)

Look...again...I meant no disrepect, I was rather respectful in my previous posts, and I don't really think I earned the 'asshole' title. Be that as it may, I applaud your efforts, and appreciate your passion. It will be great having you as part of the community! See you in Centralia!

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-Centralia-Meet-amp-Greet-May-14th!-(Saturday)

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
That response was not to you and you are assuming was directed towards you...

What I meant and should have said, is acting like an ass... and I still think you were... It is like someone acting like a brat, does not make them a brat, it is an attack on the actions not the person, that it what should have taken place.

I am glad you are proud of yourself for being able to get under someone's skin... not a good trait in my book...

Though you perhaps did not call any names, you skirted around numerous insults and degradations in your comments...

I disagree that you were being respectful, I thought you were acting like a pompous ass (again acting like), just my opinion, look through every post and thread in the last couple of years and you will see that I have NEVER had such a reaction... Have always tried to be respectful and helpful. Yet I do agree that it can sure be childish to react in such a way, unfortunately it would seem that you do not care about railroading someone's efforts, by insinuating their stupidity and not caring. I never use those kind of words (The F word that is), unless someone personally attacks and successfully gets to me where it hurts... I guess congratulations, as up until now, I think my ex-wife is the only other person who has caused that kind of language to come out of my mouth...

I as not looking for a pity party, I was simply showing you an example of the fact that I was not planning around me, but planning around what I was hearing from this % (SM) of the community...

I am not here to destroy anyone's fun for the weekend, was simply trying to help where I could... It is obvious that you know the people in this community, so I know you are the better person for the job, glad you are taking it over for the sake of everyone else. I should probably save myself the embarrassment and skip out of these events. Thank You again.

1StTurbo

Jul 23, 2010
North Idaho
OK.. Age and wisdom comes into play here. I have watched Gottadiesels post on this and was happy to see someone taking the bull by the horns and doing all the work for the rest of us to have fun. Now i do see and understand ra24man's concerns and they are legit. I do however find his delivery of his concerns to be less then professional. A much better way to have handled it would have been... Hey bud i have helped or done this event for a couple years and i see where there could be some problems with this plan. Here are some ideas of other things that have worked and seemed to make everyone happy.

If this was up to me we would be planning this for Tacoma area, closer for those coming from BC,and eastern Wa, Id

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
1StTurbo;1702281 said:
OK.. Age and wisdom comes into play here. I have watched Gottadiesels post on this and was happy to see someone taking the bull by the horns and doing all the work for the rest of us to have fun. Now i do see and understand ra24man's concerns and they are legit. I do however find his delivery of his concerns to be less then professional. A much better way to have handled it would have been... Hey bud i have helped or done this event for a couple years and i see where there could be some problems with this plan. Here are some ideas of other things that have worked and seemed to make everyone happy.

^I agree with that.

I'll also add that another good approach would've been to voice concerns through a PM.

The last thing we want is people not showing up because of this. Conflict doesn't always have to cause separation. It can promote unity if allowed. Apologies have been given and accepted. Let's re-group and all show up for a good time.

Yes, that means you gottadiesel. :)

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
...let those suckers ride up.
Hey! Who you callin' "sucka"? I resemble dat remark... I've got half-a-mind to call my cousin Vinne, t' lay a beatin' on ya. Yo! Wait a minuite... all I gots half a mind. Meh!
If you guys can't play along then you know what the Mods are likely to do. Besides, IHO it looks like some of us are taking this all too seriously, and loosing perspective on having fun. :stickpoke
Seriously, some of the best aspects of this forum are, we remain civil, disagree w/o being disagreeable, pick on the arguement but not the person. I don't think members who feel the need to ventilate their spleen or are haters are welcome on SM.
Oh. I also would be down for a meet in Tacoma. Don't they have a drag strip near bye? Van

Last edited:

Rich64N

Oct 28, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Ah Supra drama. Thought that started with FATF, and thought it finished when the Hogan brat wrapped his MK IV around a palm tree (oversimplifying things massively). I've met gotadiesel and have known Mark for quite a few years, and know who took the pics. No one stepped up to organize so he (gottadiesel) stepped in, like Mike764 did a few years ago (was a high school kid at the time). I applaud him for stepping up and let us return to a happy Supra family (OK, sibling fights allowed MK I/MK II/MK III/MK IV). I seriously hope gottadiesel shows up and continues to be involved in Supra events.

Same old stuff. Anyway, we're back to the outlet mall in Centralia. There will be a northern caravan meetup in Tacoma at 56th St/Tacoma Mall Blvd as usual @11 AM.

My MK II list of PNW events is here.

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
To all that were not involved in the little spat, I apologize for making our display of disrespect for each other a public display, if it was to happen at all, it should have started and ended in PMs versus posts.

Though I believe my frustration to be justified, my reaction to it was not. Not sure what came over me, I am not one to fly off the handle by any means... I think perhaps I accidentally put a pair of my wife's panties on instead of my big boy underwear that day, but alas I have found them...

I appreciate those that have been supportive of keeping this all together.

I suppose the worst that could come of me going is getting a free coke:icon_bigg