Old hick doesn't care for supramania

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I work for an online auto parts retailer and a customer called today complaining about the color of the chrome stick on molding he received. He says "You see I have an 87 supra and I'm looking to replace the molding. You can't find the original stuff used or get it through the dealer anymore".

Although I'm not supposed to do this I decide to help a fellow supra owner and say "You know I actually own an 89. If you can't find it locally I have a website that you can check out and someone will definitely have what you're looking for. It's supramania.com".

He angrily says "There's no way some online website is going to have the molding for this car I've searched every salvage yard in the area and nobody has this stuff".

I facepalm, ask if there is anything else I can help with and we hang up. Old hick guy from West Virgina, if you find this website let me take the opportunity to say "Don't be so damn closed minded... and I told you so".

Just thought I would share.

p.s. That poor supra.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Chrome molding? Ewwwww... Keep it to the 50's man, leave the chrome there. :p

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
wHAT THE fuck. Some people are just plain wierd. Youtube video that is.

There are a lot of old people that still dont own a computer. Strange i know.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
My dad is all about the internet because I told him about how great SM is. Im pretty sure he may even be lurking right now

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
i know at least half the supra owners i know mk3 and mk4 don't even get on any forums...

its kind of dumb because on sm there is a lot of great info and great vendors so its basically been a win for me since 09 unlike sf

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Believe me I'd say a good majority of the phone calls I get are people who are computer illiterate or not comfortable using one which is understandable considering generation gaps and so on.

I guess the funniest thing about the situation to me is that the guy really found his best case scenario ordering from some random dbag online parts company and you so happened to speak to the one supra fanatic there. The only place to go from that point is down (ie ricer stick on chrome molding).

No disrespect meant but anyone who doesn't get on forums is really missing out on a wealth of information. Between here and SF I really started out not knowing squat about cars to the point where I felt comfortable enough to do my own engine swap from a to z (excluding w for wiring :) ).

None the less for me it was definitely the most interesting call I've had in the 2 years working there.