Okay, seriously now (for sale section rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Tweak

So, I posted something for sale, which had a description, location, and my contact information, and price. However, I didn't use the "correct form", so that got deleted.

MY FAULT! No big deal.

So I go back in, read the 23-point Nazi manual on posting for sale threads (I mean, come on now, I ***understand*** you want to avoid people starting for sale threads and using no common sense!), copied/pasted the form, filled out all the fields, took a pic and posted it (as if you need to see what a NEW flywheel looks like), put "FS" in the title along with a DESCRIPTIVE title. Listed my location, listed a set price, the part is a 1JZ flywheels so yes, that applies to MK3 owners, no one called dibs or gave a free bump, it wasn't a group buy, I've already been cleared by Reign_Maker as a "misc vendor", I have a minimum of 50 posts, been here for more than 6 months, I did post a pic, I'm not selling a car so the 3-pic rule doesn't apply, the item was not listed for sale on ebay, it is mine to sell, I wasn't selling multiple items at the same time, I only posted the thread in one section, I didn't bump the thread (again, duplicate rule there), it wasn't a feeler thread, and uh.... oh, that's it.

And today I show up and behold, my thread has been deleted, again. No warning or infraction at all this time, just bam, gone.

I'm now going to re-post my thread below so that all may look upon it with thine critical eyes, and please, expound unto me all that may be sinful about it that thus I may take action for fear that an evil thread may exist in thine sacred for sale section:

Title is: "FS: 1JZ Lightweight Flywheel, New"

[noparse]PRICE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ITEM: 1JZ Lightweight Flywheel
DESCRIPTION: NEW, 1JZ Lightweight Flywheel, Chromoly Forged Steel
------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME: Joshua "Dr Tweak" Langevin
PHONE NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EMAIL: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: Money order, Paypal, Credit Card by phone

PIC:
1jzflywheel.jpg

Now can anyone detect what rule I may have missed and accidentally violated that resulted in this post being deleted? Because I sure can't.

And before any righteous mods get their panties in a bunch, this thread has been made in all good fun and jest. :biglaugh: Though I would like to be able to post my 1JZ flywheel for sale :evil2:[/noparse]

Last edited:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I've searched the log (this system logs EVERY moderator action) and nobody deleted any threads by you. The staff cant' "DELETE" anything. It becomes hidden and an admin can still see it.

Admins (Me, GrimJack & JeffLange) can delete threads permanently, but even we leave a log file trail.

So, really, ditch the attitude.

And while I'm at it, calling our rules "Nazi" makes you think that I should just remove your FS rights. Selling here is a privilege, not a right. I don't owe you a place to sell your stuff for free. If you don't like it, you can go to eBay, or your local classifieds and pay them to sell your stuff for you.

So either accept the rules, and comply with them or don't sell here.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral;1125785 said:
I've searched the log (this system logs EVERY moderator action) and nobody deleted any threads by you. The staff cant' "DELETE" anything. It becomes hidden and an admin can still see it.

Admins (Me, GrimJack & JeffLange) can delete threads permanently, but even we leave a log file trail.

So, really, ditch the attitude.

And while I'm at it, calling our rules "Nazi" makes you think that I should just remove your FS rights. Selling here is a privilege, not a right. I don't owe you a place to sell your stuff for free. If you don't like it, you can go to eBay, or your local classifieds and pay them to sell your stuff for you.

So either accept the rules, and comply with them or don't sell here.

Makes me think SC didn't read the whole thread :p

Dr Tweak;1125756 said:
And before any righteous mods get their panties in a bunch, this thread has been made in all good fun and jest. :biglaugh: Though I would like to be able to post my 1JZ flywheel for sale :evil2:

I think he was just trying to figure out what the deal was.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Last edited by Dr Tweak; Today at 05:06 PM.

Not funny....

I searched the log, no threads were deleted. That wasted my time.

I take accusations against my staff acting in an inappropriate manner seriously. I just spent the last 20 minutes digging through logs trying to find out who did what and why.

This isn't the fuckaround section of the site. There's an off-topic section for jokes. I don't have the time nor the inclination to play games here.

Infraction issued. Thread locked. Moved to wall of shame.

Don't do this shit people.

Status
Not open for further replies.