Ok. Let's hear it! Your best street win and yes...your worst street loss!

OK so the first race i was in i beat a 89sohc-s13 and a 95dohc-s14 240sx....i mean my car is a boat and they thought since they had manuals they could beat me....we lined up.....Slammed it in low and took off, the s14 was about a carlength behind then i hit 3rd and i was gone. But now they are both going with the sr20's....I'm gonna lose that one. There is only so much you can do with a 3800 lb Targa Top Auto 7mge.....It's like the Fattest and SLOWEST of the MkIII's....i feel bad now....:[....But it's my Baby and i Love driving it every day.

I normally don't go around picking races but i had a friend with a mazda 3 5 speed, with a full exhaust and intake. I lost. Those cars can scat! Plus he knows how to drive it....in a straight line.....THOUGH i will say, my suspension kicked that cars ass....We went on a curvy road, and i lost him...lol...he about flipped....

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
For my first "race" ever, I went against my friend's 87 Prelude Si. Went from a 45 mph roll and continued to around 70. Right as I hit boost after dropping 3rd, he was already 2 cars back, so I thought he wasn't even at WOT. I just let off and slowed down.:biglaugh:

My worst loss was also my first, and it was to the same car. We were on a country backroad and started at a 20 mph roll. I went to ~5k in second, and the shifter popped out of gear in 3rd, causing me to hit rev limiter (slow reflexes? Yeah, probably should have let off the throttle faster). Sounded amazing, but I almost shit my pants. I lost, but I don't really think it counts. I guess I'll give him the victory just so he doesn't get depressed.:nono:

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
my 88 turbo supra against 06 scion tc full hks exhaust i ran 16.3 he ran 15.5, i was running on 4 cyl. and trans grind going in to gear, master cyl going out, got new plug wires and new master cyl. ran a 14.7 no new mods on tc 15.4 :eek:wned:

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
lol... i beat so many honda's where i live.. so many little kids with sweet lowered ricer fartcans think they are badass... i eat one a night usually..

worst lose was when i was cruisin in 3rd and a viper gets all up in my grill. so i give him a taste of the boost.. and he REALLY didnt like it.. Lets just say when he shifted, i heard a BOV.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Nomad707;885511 said:
lol... i beat so many honda's where i live.. so many little kids with sweet lowered ricer fartcans think they are badass... i eat one a night usually..

worst lose was when i was cruisin in 3rd and a viper gets all up in my grill. so i give him a taste of the boost.. and he REALLY didnt like it.. Lets just say when he shifted, i heard a BOV.

A boosted Viper!?:aigo: Yeah, that's bad! :evil2:

Nomad707;885511 said:

WOW! So, There is another town with "Sweet lowered ricer fartcans"!!!!????:sarcasm:

If you ever come to alabama, dothan is not the place to be. Especially if you don't like Honda's and cavalier's.

The 89-98 honda's were good for durable little gas savers, but not for racing, sorry. Unless you got money to spend.:nono:

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
starscream5000;885434 said:
I've never raced a day in my life ;).

Well, I'm pretty sure you didn't buy a Supra as a gas saver, or a daily driver (maybe), or to be able to carry around all your friends when you go on road trips, sooo.... I guess that leaves racing as your only option.:biglaugh:

bigunitpitcher22

BoL Spartan051
Jun 13, 2006
vancouver, WA
www.myspace.com
BlackDynamite;882542 said:
I normally don't go around picking races but i had a friend with a mazda 3 5 speed, with a full exhaust and intake. I lost. Those cars can scat! Plus he knows how to drive it....in a straight line.....THOUGH i will say, my suspension kicked that cars ass....We went on a curvy road, and i lost him...lol...he about flipped....

Dude, I don't know about losing to a mazda 3... I raced a friend with one and i was in my 88 n/a when i had intake and exhaust and he had exhaust and i smashed on him.....

bigunitpitcher22;888849 said:
Dude, I don't know about losing to a mazda 3... I raced a friend with one and i was in my 88 n/a when i had intake and exhaust and he had exhaust and i smashed on him.....

well was the Mazda a 5 speed? and is yours a targa? If i'm correct the targa's weigh more....thats what i have....Though i will say that i did change my crank to a 7m crank instead of a 6m....Which the 7m takes longer to climb the rpms....well maybe somethings wrong i dunno...runs fine...

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
BlackDynamite;888863 said:
well was the Mazda a 5 speed? and is yours a targa? If i'm correct the targa's weigh more....thats what i have....Though i will say that i did change my crank to a 7m crank instead of a 6m....Which the 7m takes longer to climb the rpms....well maybe somethings wrong i dunno...runs fine...

the 7m is only slightly heavier than the 6m hence the lower RPM rev limit. there should not be a noticeable time difference to rev between them

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i fucking hate computers...

i typed up 5 different races. and fucked up on a typo and hit backspace and for some reason it sent me back 3 pages in the post and delted my dam work..

i'll repost latter when i calm back down fin computer!

for the run down, i raced a mid 90's vet

raced 3 modded wrx's

raced 2 other mkiii supra's

did a high way pull with a modded wrx.

another highway pull with a porsche 911/914
laughed at a honda trin to race me... and was laughed at by the cops.

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
Best Win:

Was the other day getting Pizza for everyone at my work (More or less an excuse to take the supra for a ride) I roll up next to a Ford Focus (4-Door?) IF they make those..It had a ford emblem.

Anyways the mods I could see where:
BIG ASS WING
Falling off body kit

Anyways as I pull up next to them (Windows down music playing). They look over and laugh. (Even though I was laughing just before pulling up)

Uno..two...tres... Lol Do I need to even explain how easy that was?

Worst Loss:
Eagle Talon 1G TSI. It's my buddies, he had a slipping clutch....I still couldn't get the damn 7MGE to hang with him past 3rd. >.< We raced from about a 50 mph Pull and he got like 4 cars on me with a good clutch!

I hate losing to that ugly box-shaped thing :O. One day I'll get him, with out boost. :D

My favorite Kill was a Black WRX. Seemed all stock but the kid had an attitude problem. Anyways I launched at about 2-3k and raped him..He really didn't know how to drive worth a shit. Some guy in a Dodge Pick up that happened to be heading the same place wanted to buy me a drink after \m/

List of kills:
WRX
Cobalt SS
Honda xxxxx
300zx (N/A)
240sx (S14 Auto/ KA24)
MR2 (N/A)
Civic SI (Supercharged)

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
lol...not bad kills ;) just find it kinda funny there all like hondas or preludes...WRX thats a good kill for a NA...

my kill list:

2004 SRT-4 running 22psi that runs low 13s

EVo 8 with some mods

Mustang GT 4.6 bored out larger injectors, full exhaust,, and other mods

Corvette.. not sure on the year.. looked like a 2000ish model.

WRX STI full 3in exhaust... not sure on the boost amount..

and of course other various ricers,,, civics, preludes, etc.

626na

Banned
Jan 15, 2008
cali
wins=07 scion tc,mazda 3,datsun,300zx,hatchback with b20

losses=240,06 gt mustang,and a fast ass 89 golf

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
you know i'v never raced my supra yet :p. although where i live theres not much trying to race. unless its a crap vauxhall or citroen most likely 1.1 litre or 1.6 max hahahaha we do get the odd civic type R

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
These are from when I was younger and dumber.

Favorite races:
95 mustang gt 5.0L. That race only lasted to the middle of third gear. We shut down when I got a car length on him. Another favorite was a late 70's Nova SS with a 350. He pulled up next to me while we where doing 30mph. All of the sudden he stomped on it and pulled away. The sound of his car was freakin awesome. I had my girlfriend with me at the time and I didn't want them thinking I just got put in my place in front of her. (see above, younger and dumber) So I catch up and give them the nod. Again, that only lasted through third gear. When he caught up to me he yelled over, "That car is fuckin' fast!" I acknowledged that his was a pretty decent machine too.

Closest race with a win:
89 CRX B20 with 75 shot NO2 and a gutted interior. (Didn't know the details until after the race) I thought this was going to just be another honduh. He revved on me, I shot him the sound of the BOV. We take off from a 20mph roll and I noticed that he was still with me at the end of second. (Usually that is where most other hondas are already behind) So I go through third, look over........He is still there, but losing ground. Fourth gear. Finally shut down around 100mph or so with his front bumper and my passenger door. I had to give him some respect for that.

Closest race with a loss:
2001 S2000 lightly modded Vtec controller, Full exhaust, Intake, clutch.
We took off from a 20 roll on the freeway and we were neck and neck until I hit fourth gear around 100mph or so, then he started to walk away from me. I guess he was a car, or a car and a half when we shut down around 120mph.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
87mgte;887875 said:
Well, I'm pretty sure you didn't buy a Supra as a gas saver, or a daily driver (maybe), or to be able to carry around all your friends when you go on road trips, sooo.... I guess that leaves racing as your only option.:biglaugh:

Actually... I've never raced my supra. Period.