Ok. Let's hear it! Your best street win and yes...your worst street loss!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Alright! Let's hear about it. Post your best street race win AND your worst loss.

Let us know if you've been handing it out or if it's being handed to you! Was there anything at stake...did you get a ticket...blow your motor?

Embarrassing or not...let's hear it! Don't be shy... :naughty:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Street racing is bad...mmmmkay ;)

I have never actually raced anyone around here. No one ever wants to. They are just scared :D

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I will agree...In my days of 'driving like I stole it', I had my moments.

I don't race often on the streets anymore, rather drive like there's a cop behind me...
But with that out of the way:

To date, the best one I've got under my belt...

Heading to work about 6-7 months ago...Wide 4 lane road...Not a very busy road.
Pulling out into the road from a side street I see a shiny black front end about 2 inches from the ground. Pulls out behind me. What is it? Late 80's Lamborghini Countach.
(You know, the ones with the HUGE vents on the side that vent to the motor.)

Anyway, He's only doing 30mph or so, I slow down to give him a thumbs up....He smiles, nods his head, and blips the throttle. I just got my fat TiAL BOV on a few days before so I decided to "blip" the throttle back at him. Had to build boost so it took a second, meanwhile, this elderly man thought I was going on the gun...
So he downshifts into 1ST!....
Gets a jump about 2 cars...I finally hit full boost and with my turbo & exhaust screaming, I could still hear that loud V10 rumbling. :runaway:
The race only lasted what seemed a few seconds (Only got up to 85 or so)...
I ended up pulling him by about a car length before I let off and he flew by me.

I must say...Those cars are sex. :love:

Most embarassing killing?

Back in the day when I was like 17 years old, BPU upgrades, got handed to by a '93 Civic Hatchback with a big diesel turbo.
And most recently, A couple friendly pulls with an SRT-4 like I've NEVER seen before. :aigo: I couldn't hang with him if I wanted to.

Turns out it was a 10.XX car. :icon_conf

-Jeff

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
This one time, I was racing my buddy through some mountains. It was a tense race. I was on his tail the whole time. On the last turn, I was about to sneak up the inside by braking late and take the lead. Then the worst thing possible happened. It was tragedy for me

he unplugged my controller and I crashed. :(

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Coolest win was against a 04 WRX STi. he had me by 2 cars until I got to 3rd gear then stuck with him all the way up to 90mph then started gaining on him HEAVILY. [after 90mph that is]

Most embarrassing. Breaking my turbo while racing a pre 99 mustang cobra. It was stupid, I had no traction and I was winning. And I think I overspun or surged majorly because the shaft broke. hah

I kept the turbo, its in my hall of shame. Along with my headgasket. =p

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Boost Lee;880951 said:
I will agree...In my days of 'driving like I stole it', I had my moments.

I don't race often on the streets anymore, rather drive like there's a cop behind me...
But with that out of the way:

To date, the best one I've got under my belt...

Heading to work about 6-7 months ago...Wide 4 lane road...Not a very busy road.
Pulling out into the road from a side street I see a shiny black front end about 2 inches from the ground. Pulls out behind me. What is it? Late 80's Lamborghini Countach.
(You know, the ones with the HUGE vents on the side that vent to the motor.)

Anyway, He's only doing 30mph or so, I slow down to give him a thumbs up....He smiles, nods his head, and blips the throttle. I just got my fat TiAL BOV on a few days before so I decided to "blip" the throttle back at him. Had to build boost so it took a second, meanwhile, this elderly man thought I was going on the gun...
So he downshifts into 1ST!....
Gets a jump about 2 cars...I finally hit full boost and with my turbo & exhaust screaming, I could still hear that loud V10 rumbling. :runaway:
The race only lasted what seemed a few seconds (Only got up to 85 or so)...
I ended up pulling him by about a car length before I let off and he flew by me.

I must say...Those cars are sex. :love:

Most embarassing killing?

Back in the day when I was like 17 years old, BPU upgrades, got handed to by a '93 Civic Hatchback with a big diesel turbo.
And most recently, A couple friendly pulls with an SRT-4 like I've NEVER seen before. :aigo: I couldn't hang with him if I wanted to.

Turns out it was a 10.XX car. :icon_conf

-Jeff

Awesome stories Jeff! Not to shabby handing it to a Lambo!!! :biglaugh:

I'm glad you posted because I'm about to do a CT26 upgrade and am going with the 57 trim.

Do you have any in stock and if so, what's the price and availability. You can PM me if you like!

Thanks...

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
Street racing is bad...mmmmkay

I have never actually raced anyone around here. No one ever wants to. They are just scared

AF1JZ i have the same problem no one ever tries they just ride by and stare.....theres only one SR 240 that even tested me and before i hit 3rd gear (boosting time) he bailed....later on that night his friend got up with me on a local forum and told me he got scared

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
OK, so I went to run an errand for work today. Some Civic pulls up at a light with me. When it goes green he takes off slow. Then he goes WOT. I seriously waited like 5 seconds before I did anything. I was waiting for the car to start accelerating. I heard a bunch of noise but the car wasn't going anywhere. I didn't understand. :aigo: So I finally hit it and blow by him at the top of 2nd.

No it's not cool or anything but it just happened and I thought it was amusing. :dunno:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
OneJoeZee;881099 said:
OK, so I went to run an errand for work today. Some Civic pulls up at a light with me. When it goes green he takes off slow. Then he goes WOT. I seriously waited like 5 seconds before I did anything. I was waiting for the car to start accelerating. I heard a bunch of noise but the car wasn't going anywhere. I didn't understand. :aigo: So I finally hit it and blow by him at the top of 2nd.

No it's not cool or anything but it just happened and I thought it was amusing. :dunno:

That's awesome! I hate that "Bees in a Coffee Can Sound"!! Especially when there's no power. Only noise!!!

Cool man...that's one for the Gipper!! :biglaugh:

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
Best= In my 89 n/a i was rolling about 40 mph next to a 63 impala ss with fifteens. he honked i looked and he went i drop into second and caught up. then his front tires start jumping two feet off the ground and we were doing about 60 or 70. my radar stated goin of so i stoped then the cop followed him and pulled him over. drove down the same rode that night and his car was being put on
a flat bed. so i guess i won that one.

Worst=pull up next to a stock looking wrx at a light and he revs so i held mine at
2500 and light turned green and i went. he was like two cars behind me when i looked back. and i was thinking this aint right. thats all wheel drive. we stop at the next light and i asked him what happened and he said he didnt want to spray my car with rubber. so we did it again and he took off like a go cart with
a jet engine.

I came to find out that it was a sti moded to over 550awhp.

thats a kick ass sleeper.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
best kill:turbo A supra..3rd gear rolling start i let him gun it he started pulling away so i put the foot down caught up way too quick pulled along side him then smiled and backed off..were mates and i think he was embarrassed enough.oh yeah i have a cressida that looks stock.

worst loss:never:biglaugh:

suprasnd

Jul 14, 2007
Flinton, PA
Pulling out of soccer fields with my sons and a late 80's early 90's Vette pulls beside me and just scoffs at my car. He punched it and the car shifted it's automatic and I punched and hit the boost controller. Given the head start he took on me I caught him mid to late 3rd gear. Passed him while pulling 4th. Look on his face was awesome as I passed BTW. I finally lifted about 105 - 110 and got the car hauled in as there was a red light close ahead. We both stopped and he rolled his window down and asked me what I had under the hood and I told a straight 6. He gave me a look of disgust and wound his window up and ignored e for the rest of the light.

On the same note: Got my ass handed to my by a Stealth shortly after I got car with very little mods. in it yet!!!

Keith

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I whipped some poor guy in a late 90s 'vette - started behind him at a light, we pulled in front of traffic, I went over an extra lane and pulled by him slowly. This was with a lot less power than I have now. The expression on his face was priceless - it took several seconds to pull by, and he was looking over at my car with an obvious look of WTF?

Got beat at the track by some stripped Honda civic. I screwed up the launch, figured I could reel him in after the fact... I was still trying as we crossed the 1/4 mile mark. Most of my buddies were at the track that night, too, so I had *lots* of witnesses.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
sean210;881114 said:
Best= In my 89 n/a i was rolling about 40 mph next to a 63 impala ss with fifteens. he honked i looked and he went i drop into second and caught up. then his front tires start jumping two feet off the ground and we were doing about 60 or 70. my radar stated goin of so i stoped then the cop followed him and pulled him over. drove down the same rode that night and his car was being put on
a flat bed. so i guess i won that one.

Worst=pull up next to a stock looking wrx at a light and he revs so i held mine at
2500 and light turned green and i went. he was like two cars behind me when i looked back. and i was thinking this aint right. thats all wheel drive. we stop at the next light and i asked him what happened and he said he didnt want to spray my car with rubber. so we did it again and he took off like a go cart with
a jet engine.

I came to find out that it was a sti moded to over 550awhp.

thats a kick ass sleeper.

Ahhhh. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: You must be talking about the Blue one, right?

They call him.......RiZZo. If this is the car you're talking about...It's STUPID fast. :sarcasm:

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
Boost Lee;881375 said:
Ahhhh. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: You must be talking about the Blue one, right?

They call him.......RiZZo. If this is the car you're talking about...It's STUPID fast. :sarcasm:

Yea thats the one. suprised the hell out of me.