Oilsending unit. a wtf ?

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Welding it shut and using a different source gets my vote. Ian is right but unless I had forged internal I was going to swap into a new block I would bother. Worst that can happen is you destroy your already trashed block so might as well run it. I agree with Dave Jb weld is a fail

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
CPT Furious;1752376 said:
If you're in a real bind for a block, I have my old one in my garage. Shipping would be killer to get to OK, but the reason I put a JDM motor in it was low compression in cylinder #3. Other than that, I'm confident you could put something together. You could get your dad to pay shipping...PM me if you're interested and I can give you more details.

LFMO!!! ya he should rite. I have one in the garage that's been machined. But i will take you up in a couple of months on that block. Need it it for the cressida .

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

GrimJack;1752453 said:
Attempting to repair a high pressure oil galley in a cast iron block with JB weld is only going to end in tears.

Yes sir my exact same thoughts.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

GC89;1752461 said:
Welding it shut and using a different source gets my vote. Ian is right but unless I had forged internal I was going to swap into a new block I would bother. Worst that can happen is you destroy your already trashed block so might as well run it. I agree with Dave Jb weld is a fail

Well that's what we did today. Wielded it closed today.