Oil Pressure

Wendigo

Ericsplosion
Jul 25, 2005
New Paltz NY
I didn't get any on my first three crank-overs. I have plenty of oil, the wire's connected to the pressure sensor, any ideas?

FredMk3

mk3 for life!
Mar 30, 2005
Sept-Iles/Quebec
www.cardomain.com
Wendigo said:
I let it crank for 4 or five seconds each.

You will need to crank it a lot longer than this. Try 20-30 seconds cranking than 1 minute resting for the starter and battery, than another 20-30sec burst, than rest..etc. You could also remove the oil filter and see when oil gonna come out of the filter mount, be prepare to see some major flow out of there, but you know for sure your have pressure ;), if you relocated your oil filter this will be easier and less messy. You should at least crank it a couple times(2-3) eventhough you have pressure to be sure you have oil in your turbo. Remember that the stock oil pressure gauge is pretty slow to react.

You could also read my thread that I posted 4 days ago about the same issue.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27895

Wendigo

Ericsplosion
Jul 25, 2005
New Paltz NY
I removed the filter, and have flow. Cranked forever and ever, no pressure. Is there an difference between the jdm sending unit and the usdm one?

BoostLess7mge

JDM owns me...
Aug 29, 2005
Chicago
JDM sending unit will NOT work with a US spec oil pressure gauge. The unit of measurement in Japan for oil pressure is different than in the US so the gauge will be way off.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
theKnifeArtist said:
20-30 second crank? are you sure about that? that seems awfuly long

That's not too long IMO, but it depends on the situation. For this, I'll say yes, I approve of the matter.