Oil pressure sender connector

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
Never had the connector to put onto the stock 7m oil pressure sensor, so I just wrapped the wire around the disk thingy. I want the connector but don't know where to find a new one. Driftmotion has a connector that looks like it might work. What do you think?

p1813209_1.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Won't work. But there might be the possibility of modifying it to work. Iirc I head the jz one can be modded to work. Dunno how well tho.

Stock is a fancy spade terminal.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Agreed, that certainly will NOT work.

The stock Toyota one is strange. It has an open bottom with a fancy spade terminal inside. Definitely not a basic spade and a basic spade will NOT work. I've been trying to find the terminals and the connector brand new and I've had ZERO luck. I can't find anyone who sells it or what it's model number would have been or even who manufactured it! I'm guessing it was AMP (now Tyco/TE), Nippon Denso, Sumitomo or Bosch as they make most the other connectors, but I can't find it anywhere.

If you have any luck finding it please post back here! :)

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
You can get one from almost any early 90's mitsubishi that has an oil pressure gauge, in addition to all the toyotas that had them back them (trucks included). They all used Nippon Denso oil pressure senders (well, all that I have seen). The sensor itself from another car won't work though, they are a different resistance. Go to the closest u-pull-it salvage yard and I'm sure you'll find something.