just need some pressure figures it should be running really,

it's running about 6psi on idle, and 40 at 2k rpm

and help would be awesome

cheers

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I can tell you what mine makes if that helps, i have no idea though what a perfect pressure for the 7m is, an expert like IJ will have a better idea of what that is. The oil I'm using is 5-30 Castrol synthetic.
Cold 80-90psi, warm at idle 30-40psi, warm at cruise 50-70 (oil pump not shimmed).
Are the dry sump setups rpm adjustable on the pumps?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ that is amazingly above average for an unshimmed pump.

I see 40-50psi by 2000rpm(hot) and thats pretty much where it stays after that...
10psi at hot idle. Full flow oil cooler is the only mod to oil system

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
grimreaper;1438314 said:
^ that is amazingly above average for an unshimmed pump.

I see 40-50psi by 2000rpm(hot) and thats pretty much where it stays after that...
10psi at hot idle. Full flow oil cooler is the only mod to oil system

I didn't say the block or internals were stock:naughty:

gary_808

Oct 22, 2009
peterborough
wiseco7mgt;1437941 said:
I can tell you what mine makes if that helps, i have no idea though what a perfect pressure for the 7m is, an expert like IJ will have a better idea of what that is. The oil I'm using is 5-30 Castrol synthetic.
Cold 80-90psi, warm at idle 30-40psi, warm at cruise 50-70 (oil pump not shimmed).
Are the dry sump setups rpm adjustable on the pumps?

they're adjustable in the sense you can buy many different pulleys,

but already over driving it a little bit.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
wiseco7mgt;1438409 said:
I didn't say the block or internals were stock:naughty:

Internals make zero change to pressure...only things that will effect pressure is:

1 bearing clearance
2 piston squirters
3 pump
4 pump bypass valve (shims come in here)
5 oil cooler setup
6 oil weight
7 oil temp
8 rpms

so what I want to know is how you get over 40 psi oil pressure.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
gaboonviper85;1443276 said:
Internals make zero change to pressure...only things that will effect pressure is:

1 bearing clearance
2 piston squirters
3 pump
4 pump bypass valve (shims come in here)
5 oil cooler setup
6 oil weight
7 oil temp
8 rpms

so what I want to know is how you get over 40 psi oil pressure.
Sorry to not reply sooner, i wasn't able to access the supramania from my isp.
Yes i did say my internals weren't stock and last i checked most of the things you mentioned are actually internal so yes they will affect the oil pressure.
I use a Speco remote filter relocation kit with all -10AN fittings and i use a larger z9 oil filter.

The biggest difference but is made by using a early jap block without the oil squirters, i bought a front cut that had done 47,000klms so it was like new inside and started with that. I can only guess not having the squirters, that they must rob you of a lot of pressure , I'm sure there must be people on here that have used both blocks so i hope they chime in and confirm or deny this.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
wiseco7mgt;1444464 said:
Sorry to not reply sooner, i wasn't able to access the supramania from my isp.
Yes i did say my internals weren't stock and last i checked most of the things you mentioned are actually internal so yes they will affect the oil pressure.
I use a Speco remote filter relocation kit with all -10AN fittings and i use a larger z9 oil filter.

The biggest difference but is made by using a early jap block without the oil squirters, i bought a front cut that had done 47,000klms so it was like new inside and started with that. I can only guess not having the squirters, that they must rob you of a lot of pressure , I'm sure there must be people on here that have used both blocks so i hope they chime in and confirm or deny this.

Internals don't change oil pressure...only bearing clearances...so your oil cooler system and lack of squirters is how you get such awesome pressure as now you only have 1 pressure bleed instead of 3 (all three open at 40 psi).

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Pressures can depend on the rods you use as well (another bleed as they squirt oil on the cylinder walls).

IJ can chime in on that, remember him mentioning it...

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Poodles;1444603 said:
Pressures can depend on the rods you use as well (another bleed as they squirt oil on the cylinder walls).

IJ can chime in on that, remember him mentioning it...

Stock rods do that but that hole is so small I can't see it effecting oil psi much at all...but that's me

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Txsupra;1444693 said:
Last I checked bearings ARE internal....

Bearings don't effect pressure....doesn't matter if they are acl, clevite, or Toyota...it's the clearance that changes the pressure...and just cause they are aftermarket doesn't mean they have different tolerances in clearance...again the bearing itself has no relation to oil psi unless the bearing was a dud and didn't have the oil port in it.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
IJ.;1444686 said:
You need one or the other if you're going to push a 7M hard, Add up the area and the 6 rod holes are quite a leak.

Agreed...I just figure the gte pumps well more than enough too compensate for the leak...and considering his pump pressure release would be fully open at those pressures regardless then those holes wouldn't change much as they are no where near as big as the pumps release valve....

Obviously the gte pump pumps way more oil then that one pressure valve can handle so I just want to know everything he did to get that pressure....if his pump isn't shimmed then that release is open 100% of the time his car is running and yet he still sees huge pressures....

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
gaboonviper85;1444700 said:
Bearings don't effect pressure....doesn't matter if they are acl, clevite, or Toyota...it's the clearance that changes the pressure..

Would if they were genuine Clevite 77's ;)
(you really need to stop stating things as absolute Goon)

The holes are open at idle when the pump is struggling to maintain pressure and they do make a difference.