Oil Pressure 60psi on the Highway

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
For the last few months i have been noticing that i get 60psi on the highway.Im not concerned, but i thought the n/a oil pump has a relief a 40psi.Even in the hot summer i was getting close to 60 on 90 and 100 degree days, with the car fully warmed up to operating temperature.I still have the stock gauge so im not sure how accurate it is.My question is, it possible i have a turbo pump?Also seeing that my pump is healthy, would nebody see any problems with running boost on the motor with this pump.The motor is in good running condition, and im kinda skeptical as if i need to budget a turbo pump in my project.

Fuzz420

Sabotage said:
perfectly normal

PSI under load is usually 36-69 PSI for NA and turbo i believe :)

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/lu/LU_04.html

might just be because its winter and it takes a bit more heat up the oil..

ok good stuff.No worries then i just have healthy pump is all.The pressure between my old pump and new one is night and day.

N

NDBoost

yah,
Im starting to worry about my oil pressure its a bit lower then normal. But then again i did mess up my oil pressure needle and im using full synthetic 10w30 oil. i usually read about 10-15psi @ idle and 36-40~psi at higher rpm.

Cant wait to do my rebuild :(

Fuzz420

Sabotage said:
yah,
Im starting to worry about my oil pressure its a bit lower then normal. But then again i did mess up my oil pressure needle and im using full synthetic 10w30 oil. i usually read about 10-15psi @ idle and 36-40~psi at higher rpm.

Cant wait to do my rebuild :(

How many miles do u have on it,My old motor was like that Idleing pressure 10-15psi , and i was luck to squeeze 40 psi out of it.

N

NDBoost

Fuzz420 said:
How many miles do u have on it,My old motor was like that Idleing pressure 10-15psi , and i was luck to squeeze 40 psi out of it.
pushing 137k on the motor, might be safe to throw a new one in when i do the rebuild :)