Oil line question for single

jaze

May 18, 2011
NY
Hey fellas, I'm gearing up for a single conversion and my oh my are those twins stuck on that manifold. I wanted to remove the turbos and then do the 6 bolts holding the mani to the head but they didn't budge. With a 5 foot cheater bar, all I did was completely take the ridges off the bolt...awesome. Now I changed my plan of attack to taking the manifold off the head with the turbos on it. (unless you guys have a suggestion)

I have the stock oil hardlines in the way of the bottom 3 bolts on rear turbo, I have a single turbo oil line kit, does the return go to the fitting near the sump? Cause then I would just un bolt it and have a lot more room to work on those pesky bolts. Am I going to replace all those hardlines with the braided ones in my kit? The turbo isn't water cooled so I don't need to worry about water lines to the turbo.

I couldn't find a DIY that detailed the locations of these oil lines and what to do about the stock lines. Thanks again guys, you are a big help.

CLIFFS: tell me if I can remove all the oil lines for te stock turbos since I have a single turbo oil line kit. A DIY or a brief explanation on where everything goes would help a lot, thanks guys.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
none of the stock turbo parts are used for a single setup.

There is 3 bolts for each turbo that bolts them to the manifold. Take those 3 off and the oil lines and the turbos should come right off. I also removed all of the in and out ic piping as well. Have to remove both turbos at the same time as one too.

jaze

May 18, 2011
NY
Thanks man, I'll rip out the oil lines. You've helped me out before and I really appreciate it.

The issue I'm having is that the bolts that hold the turbo to the manifolds wouldn't budge and actually rounded off after pb blaster and a butane torch so I'm forced to remove the mani and turbos off the head. It's gonna be tough as shit because there isn't a lot of room under there.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Its tight but you can remove the stock manifold from the head. Then when you go single youll need an oil adapter to go to a -4AN feed line on the turbo. Driftmotion sells everything you need.