Oil leak

RavenMaster

SupraMan
Mar 4, 2008
Santa Barbara
www.torrentgeeks.com
So I did an oil change the other day, and it wa fine for 2 days, now my cfar is leaking oil, bad enough it was probably about a quarter of a quart last night and this morning its leaked at least that. The leak is occuring on the passenger side on the other side of the front tire, I looked from above and cant see where its leaking from at all.
At first I thought it was from the oil filter because the leak seems to be coming from that area, but nope oil filter is clean on the outside and is securely in there.
I looked from the bottom and i see that i have oil sitting on my V joint for the suspension, any ideas on what this leak is from?

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
haha i know dude mine is leaking from the turbo lines and i cant figue out how to get it to stop so i bought a camaro alot easier to work on the oil leak is the reason im selling my supra

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
SBM713 said:
haha i know dude mine is leaking from the turbo lines and i cant figue out how to get it to stop so i bought a camaro alot easier to work on the oil leak is the reason im selling my supra

YES!!!!!!

Ravenmaster: The oil cooler lines are replaceable without removing anything else. Just need to jack it up, go from underneath, don't need to even open the hood, maybe just for light. The ones from the oil pan and oil filter housing to the set of hard lines are $60 from the dealer and a waste of money imho. Just use (i think its 3/8" ID hose, do a search, it's here) automatic transmission hose. I have a pair of old ones sitting around if you go that route and need to know how long the stockers are without removing yours = no down time.

Last edited:

RavenMaster

SupraMan
Mar 4, 2008
Santa Barbara
www.torrentgeeks.com
GrimJack;980208 said:
Yup, I picked up new hose from the local auto parts shop, they had it on a roll, cost me less than $10.
Thanks guys
How much hose should i get, im going to replace both lines? and it is 3/8"?

On another note at least the lines are right next to each other....

Last edited: