Oil leak

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
i have a oil leak..i dont really know where it coming from. the left side of my engine bay had some oil on it...so it definetley on the left side...the right side is okay. i was told it was my camshaft oil seals but I doubt it. it did have more oil than needed...i did a oil change and put in 5 quarts of oil and it doesn't leak anymore...it does still have a couple of speck of oil but not much. I was then told that it might be my vavle cover and i need to get a allen wrench to tighten it down. i just need some info about it. thanx! :wavey:

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
For your cam covers you should need a phillips screw driver. look under the CPS and see if there is oil there. I am doing one now and the O ring failed causing a major leak.

MK3_Turbo

JZZ31
Mar 31, 2005
Arkansas
www.myspace.com
turboa7mgte said:
For your cam covers you should need a phillips screw driver. look under the CPS and see if there is oil there. I am doing one now and the O ring failed causing a major leak.

i use to live in WI the Appleton area..but i didn't have my MKIII then.
well i'll check it out this weekend when i get the chance.. it doesn't leak anymore after i did the oil change.