oil leak...where do i even begin???

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
i have had a slight oil leak for a while now, but now its getting alot worse now. if ive been running it hard and then i park my car, smoke will be coming from under my hood! but its only the oil burning off. also i can see where the oil is, but im not sure if thats where its coming from cause the fan is prolly blowing it all over, but the oil appears to be coming out of the intake side of the block, right below the head. i know thats not a whole lotta info, but i was hoping maybe someone else has had a leak there too.
any helps greatly appreciated
thanks
adam

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I find it highly unlikely that oil hitting the exhaust manifold is coming from the intake side of the motor.

That being said, it could be a really bad valve cover leak on the exhaust side. You also just happen to have one on the intake side too.

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
ya i just rememberd some more info. when i went to change my plugs a while back, the top of where i took the spark plug out was full of oil on all six plugs

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
oh lol, i thought maybe a little first hand experience coming into play there. is that toyota supra replacement manual? or what does that mean? lol

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
supraboy said:
oh lol, i thought maybe a little first hand experience coming into play there. is that toyota supra replacement manual? or what does that mean? lol

Toyota Supra Repair Manual, it did happen to me and that was the case. Im just saying that it may not be your problem.

Heres the link:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/

Its funny, cause I was just checking the TSRM to give you exact directions on how to do this task, and I couldnt find it. I know its in there, you just have to look. If anything you can just follow the directions on how to take the head off and stop after you get the valve covers removed.

Anyways, its really easy, just remove the intercooler piping thats on top of the motor and all of the pipes along with the coil pack, and then remove the valve cover bolts and youre golden! ;)

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=EM&P=56

Note:
Use some FIPG (RTV, silicone, are other common names) where it says to
Torque spec is 22 INCH pounds not ft/lbs
Keep all the surfaces super clean on the install

I recommend you use all new bolts and new factory washer/grommets.

I only say these things because a lot of people fuck this up, I did it in 1 try exactly how the manual says and have had zero leaks come back.