oil in the air filter

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
when it happened to me, my turbo bearing was blown to hell...

when I took it off, the bearing fell out in 3 pieces...

check shaft play on it, it's probably gone and hope your oil pump screen does its job..

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
oil can also enter the intake via the crankcase ventilation hose which could indicate excessive blow-by, this is the breather that goes to the top of the rocker covers to the throttle body & accordion hose (ironic as the 7m has no rockers)

remove the accordian hose and inspect for an oil trail.

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
i had the same problem, my oil seal in the turbo was no good, i have perfect bearings on the turbo, just the seal was blown, soo much oil that the intercooler pissed out oil, like if i was draining the oil pan

mista_sup

Nov 13, 2006
atlanta
cool i will look into it today and see. i have an upgraded ct26 with a 57 trim wheel where will i be able to get the seal if thats the problem??

Heavy D;1480083 said:
i had the same problem, my oil seal in the turbo was no good, i have perfect bearings on the turbo, just the seal was blown, soo much oil that the intercooler pissed out oil, like if i was draining the oil pan

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
mista_sup;1483391 said:
cool i will look into it today and see. i have an upgraded ct26 with a 57 trim wheel where will i be able to get the seal if thats the problem??

my 57trim looks near new and has a blown oil seal on the exhaust. does your car have any compression surge/turbo have any shaft play? Pull off the breather and check it for oil residue. should take 30 seconds.

as for the seal the core is the same as the standard ct26, just larger wheels fitted and the housings bored out. its still a ct26...