oil in oil pressure line?

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
so i put an aftermarket oil pressure guage in my supra. I just looked at my line and theres oil spots in it all up to my firewall. is this normal? To much oil?

And on a second note, I ddnt have an oil dipstick on my block from the PO. So i went and bought one from autozone. How long is the part that actually goes into the block? Cause im pretty sure this one is way too long.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
no its IN the line... lol its that white tubing that you twist onto a brass fitting thing connected to your block and the white tubing runs to the oil guage inside the car. i wish i had a camera to show you. (iphone just broke) lol found a pic on google.
oil_pressure_gauge_tubing.jpg

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
mk3-4-me;1628951 said:
so i put an aftermarket oil pressure guage in my supra. I just looked at my line and theres oil spots in it all up to my firewall. is this normal? To much oil?

And on a second note, I ddnt have an oil dipstick on my block from the PO. So i went and bought one from autozone. How long is the part that actually goes into the block? Cause im pretty sure this one is way too long.

you shoulda went to toyota dealer and purchased a 92 dipstick. its easy to read and its only 20bucks.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
no i have a dipstick from auto zone in there but im thinking it goes too deep. And im not running it with anything... its has started yet after the rebuild!! lol TOYOTA doesnt have them i just called.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Easy Scotty, if he wants a mechanic gauge go him, if he wants to spend the extra money for the electric then great.

The only place the nylon line should be leaking is at the farrels (the little round crush fittings that seal it) so that's 1 at the engine and 1 at the gauge. If it's leaking in the middle you might have kinked the line somewhere it usually doesn't take much to pop a hole after there kinked so.

I would still focus on getting a yota dip stick tube so you can narrow it down.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
ya its not leaking, i was just wondering about the lil oil spots in the nylon tubing. THANKS!! and the toyota by me doesnt have a dip stick for my car... so idk ill prolly just have to make the universal one work i guess... :(

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
heres the part number PN/15301-42012, go to your local toyota and tell them to have it ordered, took about 3 days for my brothers, just ordered it last month so im pretty sure they should have them

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
mk3-4-me;1629141 said:
well idk i called them and they said they couldnt find it.

Counter monkeys usually don't know WTF their looking at.

aznboik1mva;1629148 said:
heres the part number PN/15301-42012, go to your local toyota and tell them to have it ordered, took about 3 days for my brothers, just ordered it last month so im pretty sure they should have them

Sadly, this is how it usually works, if you have the part number you're golden as you take away them having to think...

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
ok thanks guys ill call em up with the part number then. And is it just the dipstick? or does it also come with the dipstick tube? cause i need that to... lol i guess ill see when i call em up.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
No. Some Tech's know their stuff. I was looking for a part once & he said he couldn't get it. I went personally to the local toyota dealership & showed him the part i need & it has been discontinued. But don't let me get you down id go personally & show them a diagram ive printed or point at their computer. LOL If not just ask around in Supramania someone should have it & get it from someone from here. thats what ive done.

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
ok so i was just cranking my car over, trying to start it and oil is now like actually coming out from behind my guage. Its pumping out from the tube where it connects to the guage. What does that mean, i have to much oil? oil pressure? idk why its doing it.