oil in intercooler

thunder_nick

Jan 27, 2008
Marquis Sask
just noticed today that i had some oil in my intercooler pipe right off the turbo can anyone enlighten me into whats the problem??? its a 92 1jz stock.. thanks

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
1j turbos tend to not be the most reliable from what I gather...the most common way to fix this is to upgrade to a big single turbo...you can have your turbo's rebuilt but that will cost about as much as buying a new manifold and turbo.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
When u go single u need to change manifold and whatever else neccessary to make the single work. Some singles are oil cooled so u would have to block of the coolant feed and return line of the stock setup. If u get one that is water cooled then u can keep the lines. /even then u still might need to make some adjustments.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
yeah most all single turbos worth a damn are oil cooled only so you'll be able to remove water lines which will clean up the engine bay a bit....you'll need a custom downpipe which isn't too hard to get done.

Call driftmotion and they can get you set up! They are great people who really take pride in customer service even if you just have questions.