oil hose

JNasty

i drive fast cars (supra)
Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
ok so i need some options. i have a ffim and throttle body on my car and the stock oil return hose that goes from the valve cover to the block wont work because its a formed hose and it hits the TB. the pegs the hose slides on to are 7/8 and no one sells a hose 7/8 ID!!!! are there compression fittings that big so i can convert to stainless line, or what other options are there.. and yes i tried to heat and stretch a 3/4 hose and it did not go...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can get an fittings and such that big.

Cant just move the stock hose out of the way?

Have you tried rockauto.com?

JNasty

Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
an fittings will only work if you convert it from the hard line with compression fittings witch is what im going to do i just wasnt sure that they sold a compression fitting that was 7/8 id but they do and an hose only comes in 12an ( 3/4 inch id) or 16an (1 inch id) that is even close to the 7/8 od, and the 3/4 will not slide on the 7/8 hard line because of the lip it has.. but i have everything i need ordered and its on the way but thanks any way for your help..

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Do you have a picture or link of these parts?

Ive been looking for something like that without welding or tapping for my power steering system so it can all be an fittings.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Do you have a picture or link of these parts?

Ive been looking for something like that without welding or tapping for my power steering system so it can all be an fittings.

JNasty

Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
just go to a plumbing store and ask for a 7/8 compression fitting with a 3/4 pipe thread on the other end. then just go online and find the "an" fittings that are 3/4npt to what ever "an" hose size you want to run... home depot sells the 7/8 compression fittings but they are alittle different and prolly wont work as well but any actual plumbing supply store will be able to order them. oh the fittings you come off the compression fitting with are "12 gtx-s" online they are like 40 bucks but there is a local store i can get them for about 7 bucks so if you need them and cant find them let me know and ill get them for you and you can just pay me what ever they are and the shipping.. your doing the power steering pump that should be easier because most of the fittings will just be a male to male npt to an fitting then just get the an to hose fittings and they are all sold on ebay but just a warning the an fitting tend to get expensive especially if you need like a 90 degree or something.. the power stearing hoses will be smaller an than i need they will only be like a 6an ( 3/8 id) or 8an (1/2 id) hose where mine has to be 3/4 but hey the smaller the hose the cheaper lol... but good luck and try this ebay store they are good prices and frendly and they also ship really fast but there are many more ebay stores aswell that sell these parts

http://stores.ebay.com/Performance-Dynamics-Speed-Shop?_trksid=p4340.l2563