Oil gets dirty quicker with new air filter?

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
So I have always changed my oil at 3K or sooner if it starts looking too dirty. After installing an Apexi intake setup I noticed the oil getting dirty more quickly. In all fairness though I have not been driving for long trips like I use to with the soup so that may be part of the problem. Lots of short trips could make your oil dirtier imo.

My question is could there be an intake leak or other problem not related to the filter that I should check into. Another bit of info on my car is that I had a headgasket replacement to a metal one last year if that could have any relation to the dirty oil problem. The Apexi filter was installed soon after the mhg was done last year.The car seems to run great otherwise.

Does anyone else have a similar problem after installing their aftermarket air filter?

Last edited:

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
That's some great info Koulee,many thanks. Yeah JJ really knows his stuff. I learned something today on oil changes I never knew (don't do the 3K or less deal). I also guess I shouldn't worry too much about the color of the oil getting a little darker.