oil filter relocation setups

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
you can still screw your addapter on to the housing after you pull the stock oil cooler off.you could actually thread a filter on to the housing itself.i still haven't found the pipe to thread into the block to get rid of the housing

C

cnewingham

It looks like it is going to be a pita with the engine in the car but is definetly doable. I will do a write up when I do mine.

supra87t/t4

Phase Two
Apr 9, 2005
MPLS, MN
tsuper92 said:
you can still screw your addapter on to the housing after you pull the stock oil cooler off.you could actually thread a filter on to the housing itself.i still haven't found the pipe to thread into the block to get rid of the housing

I asked this question awhile ago and didn't find anyone who was running without the stock filter-mount/cooler thingy. I ended up making my own adapter on the cheap by just taking a 3/4-16 bolt, boring a hole down the middle, threading it into the block and using a nut to lock it down, just leave enough sticking out to thread the filter onto.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37374

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
If the motor is out, chop off the water coolent line past the heater outlet and tig weld it shut.

As far as oil filter necks go, use a 2JZ-GE one that does not have the water cooler, so you can use a remote cooler that will actually work.