oil filter relocation/cooler/thermostat

rustfarmer

Jul 20, 2009
Centerville, TN
Does anyone sell a complete kit for 7M GTE to relocate filter and add cooler, thermostat? For street use is it necessary to use expensive fittings and hose, or will push lock with clamps do the job? What size minimum hose and fittings are recommended?

Thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
push lock hose is fine. Can also use metal crimp clamps for extra insurance. There one time use.

and use -10 an hose. I have not seen a whole quality kit. but you should be able to piece one to together easily. IIrc earls makes a t stat and sandwhich plate in one unit so the filter goes on sandwhich plate and you just run 2 lines to the cooler.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I use a Canton Filter Block, Earls T-Stat, Permacool Filter Mount, B&M 10 Row Oil Cooler, all -10aN pushlok hose. No clamps are needed just make sure that if you buy Aeromotive PushLok hose that you use Aeromotive Pushlok fittings. Once you install the hose the only way to get it off is to cut them off.

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Is there enough clearance to use the earls sandwich plate with t stat and filter? I would figure that it would hit the lower IC pipe bit I haven't tried so don't know. If it will fit with 2.5 inch IC pipes I might just go this route as it would be simpler and more cost effective.