Oil filter housing issue and SS auto mani

S

Slow Poopra 7MGTE

so i have that ss auto chrome manifold on my car, only problem is it bangs into the oil filter housing. now if i grinded one of the ridges down on the oil filter houing a MM or 2 it would just about clear. is it unsafe to run it like that? i mean having the exaust manifold that close to the oil filter, wouldnt it heat the oil up more than it has to be because to me it doesnt really seem that good. i've thought about oil filter re-location, i already have a kit from summit but im having problems finding a piece that fits the block and the relocation plate. and no one at summit really seems to care so fuck`m. any help or input appreciated

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
You'll need the NA oilfilter stud for the block, part #15600A from Toyota to attach the relocation kit. Do this and you're golden.
eric

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
if you just grind the area that it is going to hit, you shouldn't have any problems if it is just one of the ridges that are on it and not into the main body of the housing. yeah, it may heat it a little. I would work at figuring out where to mount the remote setup an us it and run a normal oil cooler and not the toyota one.

S

Slow Poopra 7MGTE

wont the NA stud for the block still be a 19.5x1.5 pitch stud though? the problem im having is the 19.5x1.5 for the block wont screw into the adapter piece that summit swears should work and it def doesnt. by the way i could be wrong with the bolt size i dont know off the top of my head i just know that im dealing with the bolt size for the block and it wont screw into the relocation plate

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
It's not 19X 1.5, it's 14X1.25
Get an adaptor for a fox body 5.0 mustang, it works fine, summit probably thinks that the supra is a rebadged 4 cylinder fwd probe anyway. Don't ask them technical things.

S

Slow Poopra 7MGTE

that long bolt that goes through the housing into the block is a 14mm bolt?

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Both the summit and perma-cool relocation kits come with an adapter that will work on your car with the N/A stud. I've done it.