oil filter directly on the block?

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
so basically i have a pretty simple question. i got my relocation kit and sandwich plate not too long ago. i was wondering if anyone out there has completely removed the oil filter housing and tapped off the block?(2JZ) it would work soo much better for what i am planning to do. plus free up some room. i know i would need to get a longer stud for it to work. but has anyone done it with success?

92SupraMan

Supra in Debt
Nov 5, 2005
San Diego, Ca
If you running a air to oil cooler you can do what I did and just remove the complete stock water or oil cooer and replace it with a 2jzge non cooled filter housing. IMO I didnt want my oil going from the air cooler and possibly getting hotter after going back into the water cooler. Plus I was able to remove that whole tube that goes from the water pump around the back of the block to the oil cooler. The housing I have is from an IS300 and it also came with the tapped hole in the mounting bolt for an oil pressure sensor.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i went to a local ford dealer and bought a bolt so i can remove the whole set-up.now my oil thermastat bolt's directly to the block,then the filter bolt's to that.the bolt is 3/4-16

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
92SupraMan said:
If you running a air to oil cooler you can do what I did and just remove the complete stock water or oil cooer and replace it with a 2jzge non cooled filter housing. IMO I didnt want my oil going from the air cooler and possibly getting hotter after going back into the water cooler. Plus I was able to remove that whole tube that goes from the water pump around the back of the block to the oil cooler. The housing I have is from an IS300 and it also came with the tapped hole in the mounting bolt for an oil pressure sensor.

same thing for the 1jz block??

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
tsuper92 said:
i went to a local ford dealer and bought a bolt so i can remove the whole set-up.now my oil thermastat bolt's directly to the block,then the filter bolt's to that.the bolt is 3/4-16

yeah my thermorstat bolts up between my relocation adaptor and the block. yeah its 3/4 x16 but was it standard length? or was it something special?

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
SMP142 said:
yeah my thermorstat bolts up between my relocation adaptor and the block. yeah its 3/4 x16 but was it standard length? or was it something special?
it was standard length.sorry i didn't keep the part number