Oil Cooling Setups?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey guys, I am running a T4 turbo setup and I want to cool my engine day down to the lowest I can. I have wrapped everything I can in Thermo-Tec heatwrap and plan to cover all hoses with heat protective sleeves

Now, I am looking for an Oil Cooler Kit but have had no luck. What are you guys using and I want just get rid of the dumb housing and the stock cooler that only runs at 40 PSI. A full flow with AN fittings and stainless steel lines with a good size cooler would be nice.

I already know where I want to mount everything but I can't seem to find a sandwhich plate. Any ideas would be helpful and I did search but could not find much except Jetjock's thread.

By the way which one is better, Koyo or Mishimoto for an radiator upgrade and nobody makes silicone hoses for 7M's? I have only seen 1JZ's.

Thanks, Andy

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Where can I find that setup that is on the link where the plate goes over the stock oil filter housing? B&M Oil Cooler Or Permacool? Which one do you guys think is better?

sk6471

Quietly Lurking
May 28, 2005
Texas

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
It's threaded on the back. You are going to need to get the threaded stud from the N/As. When you remove the filter housing, there will be a threaded hole in the block. Screw the N/A stud in and then it is just like any old filter mount.
That piece is threaded on the back also, and screws on like a filter.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
jdub;1490139 said:
Really - care to explain this logic? Pressure drop data across various coolers will do nicely ;)

I Was Looking At A B&M Cooler With -10AN Fittings But I Reconsidered After That Post. Are B&M Good Coolers? What About Mishimoto Or Koyo For A Racing Radiator?

Thanks, Andy.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ummm...if you actually read the oil cooler set-up sticky (as previously suggested) you would already know the answer to what I think is the superior cooler design. It also spells out pretty thoroughly what you will need (including a NA filter stud).

Of course you can take whoever's advice you wish.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Ok, thanks. I am going to use my B&M oil cooler and do the single circuit type cooling system. Speed Shop tomorrow, how many feet of stainless steel hose did you use?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Personally, I would not use stainless...too much risk of abrasion damage to the routed areas and it conducts electricity (great way to create a short). Summit sells AN push lock hose...much easier to attach fittings and can easily handle oil heat/pressure...Aeroquip push lock hose if excellent as well. As far as length, either measure to where you plan on putting the cooler (+ 20%) or buy a roll (what I did).

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
I believe I got the N/A stud for about $11 from Toyota. Idk if that was before or after my discount. You could get them from junk yards, but all the ones I found, the stud was seized in the block.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
In regards to oil coolers... what is the size of the fittings on the stock cooler? I don't have the hardlines and need pushlock style hoses

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Moy;1490545 said:
In regards to oil coolers... what is the size of the fittings on the stock cooler? I don't have the hardlines and need pushlock style hoses

-6 hose or 3/8ths".....

If you go full flow thermo controled oil cooler then use -10

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Where would I get one of those fitting for the 7M-GE? I know Cressdias and Non-Turbo Supra's would have them but would they be on Camry's or so? Just like how we use the 4AGE engine ARP flywheel bolts.