Oil coming from Behind Motor mount??

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
Ok, so i have been trying to find this freaking oil leak and my buddy and i finally got time to clean everything down and start it and all. When you lay under and look at the passenger side right above the oil pan there is the motor mount. I guess my question is, is there a bolt that goes into the block where there is there an oil passage? Oil is coming from behind the motor mount. I need some help before i tear into it. So if anyone could help would be Great!
Thanks..

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
There is a pipe plug that goes in right around that area, it seals off the oil galley, so it could be leaking oil there. Another potential spot is the oil dipstick tube (has an o ring in there). I'm assuming this is a 7mgte?

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
ya its a 7mgte. And i was thinking it was the dipstick too but im loosing a quart a day so i stopped driving it when i noticed how much. Is there that much pressure where the oil dipstick tube is? and pipe plug. Hmm ill have to try to find a picture of where your talking about.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
There are flanges for the oil feed line. It could be the gasket leaking. Wash the whole side of where you think the leak is with break cleaner, wipe it down with a clean cloth or use compressed air, check oil level and add if needed, start up and look for the leak as the car is running.

If you have to jack it up to check the leak, make sure the car is not on an incline meaning, use four jack stands.

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
it didnt look like the oil feed or oil return. I just put new flanges on and gasket and it still is leaking. It looks like it could be that back hole in the Picture. Because before i cleaned the block off it looked like fresh oil around that area. Right to the left of the oil return but its not that. But i will check it out this Saturday and let everyone know if i found it or not. Thanks for all the input!

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
Well it was a few things. The oil pressure sending unit wasnt tight all the way so it was coming out of that and whoever put the oil filter on last didnt clean it and there was dirt between the filter and where it screws in. But those were only leaking a little. But the main problem was the farthest screw in that picture you posted for me to look at that block the oil galley. That screw was gone. I dont know how but completely gone. :/

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
ya it was. at Least a quart a day. and im in school from 8 to 3 and work 4 to 10 or 11. so in maybe an hour of driving it was loosing that much. but oh well got it fixed! Thanks!