oil catch can install

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Another downside to routing the PCV -> Exhaust is that it smells TERRIBLE.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
shaeff;1678745 said:
Another downside to routing the PCV -> Exhaust is that it smells TERRIBLE.

Honestly I really have not found this or had my friends report it as being at all bad. Yes we checked and on the dyno it was also really easy to check. However my motor is freshly rebuilt, new seal all around. I was pushing up to 24 PSI though.

I would think on a higher milage engine it would be more pronounced but in my case it is hardly or not at all noticable.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
here is mine

I used 1 way check valves works really well for ring seal

under boost the intake pipe give vacume and berfor boost the manifold does the job all controled by the vavle

p1678884_1.jpg

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
Damn thats a clean motor.

And is there a way to confirm the exhaust way of workin well on a street car? I live i a place were emissions dont matter and i dont care if it stinks to bad and think that this route would be best for me. I have seen several great examples of it done

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Mine is a street car, but I have to cauttion again, it is very difficult to get it working well. Most of my ealiest tests resulted in everything from extreme pressure to absolutely no vacuum of any kind at all. And everything in between.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Or you could just run it how it is from the factory... Nothing wrong with that.. Your doing more harm than good running a catch can like most people hook them up

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
NashMan;1678884 said:
here is mine

I used 1 way check valves works really well for ring seal

under boost the intake pipe give vacume and berfor boost the manifold does the job all controled by the vavle

p1679069_1.jpg

God that's some nice work there Nash, thumbs up!

Really nice hoses/routing/etc.....is that 6AN hose for the PCV you have setup?