Oil and water in my down pipe?

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
Today while fixing my BHG I took off the down pipe and noticed a unusual amount of oil and water coming out of it. I read some where that a blown turbo "something" may be a seal can give the same symptoms as a BHG. Basically I just want to know if it's normal to have oil and water coming out of there if your car has had a BHG.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
i had a BHG but i dont remember water coming out of it......its pretty normal for the DP to have some condensation though....oil however....you probably have a blown turbo

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Best way to tell if its comming from the turbo is to remove the turbo and check the manifold. If the manifold is dry, your turbo's most likley shot.

There are other ways to go around this, too.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Well, if you blow the head gasket, and coolant leaks into the combustion chamber, and you have billows of white smoke, doesn't it make sense to have the coolant half way between the two areas?

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
^^ I guess... I just wanted to make sure. By the way this is my first time doing a head gasket repair. Any advice on how to get the damn oil feed line from underneath the turbo off ? Also any other advice would be great... I already tried searching for as much info as I can but any thing else you guys have to say regarding my dilemma would be a bonus...