Official Tampa Supra Meet!! If Youre In FL READ THIS THREAD!

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
This is posted in the FL section of SF but i want MORE MK3s to be there this year....i want mk3s from anywhere in FL to make the trip...BELIEVE ME its worth it!

Alright everyone, once again its that time that you have all been waiting for. On Saturday November 19th and Sunday November 20th the anual Tampa meet will be held. I currently do not have 100% of the details since a few things are still in the works but I will edit this post as I finalize everything. First of all I am very happy to announce that it looks as though we have picked up a few sponsors this year to help out and once everything is sorted out I will make an announcement in reguards to that.

Now onto the schedule that has been laid out so far.

Saturday November 19th: 9:00AM We will first be meeting in the parking lot of the Double Tree Hotel on Rocky point drive(see hotel details below for location) Once everyone has arrived we will be departing the Double Tree at roughly 9:30AM and heading across the Cortney Campbell Causeway on our way to Race Related for the dyno day.

I am very pleased to say that James at Race Related has once again agreed to open up his facility for us to gather and dyno. The dyno day will begin at 10:00AM we would like ATLEAST 20 cars to dyno and will fit more given enough time so please let me know if you would like to dyno and I'll put you on the list. Of course everyone wants to know what the price is and for how many pulls with wideband.

I'm sure you will all be very excited to here that to promote this event and make it bigger and better then last year Matt Scranton has stepped up to the plate to make this dyno day 3 Pulls with wideband for FREE!!!!! Due to this I want to see as many people throw their cars on the dyno as possible. Also, Matt is once again working on rounding up some prizes for the dyno day as he did last year so once that is figured out you will all know. Also I am still working out the details on having lunch catered at the dyno again this year so that we dont all starve(more details to come later)

Once the dyno day has been wrapped up I'm sure everyone will be starting to get hungry again. At this point we will all get together and take a short cruise over to Quaker Steak n Lube for some dinner. Many of you have been there before and I'm sure you would all agree that the atmosphere is perfect for this event.

Depending on on the time we are all done eating and shooting the shit we will take a brief break so that everyone may go get cleaned up/rest before meeting up later that night. We will plan on meeting back at the parking lot of the Double Tree at a time to be determined. From there we will do the usual cruise/hangout etc... I am also looking into having a few locals help me out in leading the nights activities so that will be announced later.

Sunday November 20th: We will meet in the parking lot of the Double Tree between 8:00 - 8:15AM and then depart for Bradenton Motorsports Park at roughly 8:30AM. Runday Sunday is being held and will be running from 9:00AM till 5:00PM. We will take a scenic cruise down I-275 and over the skyway bridge till we make our way to the track. Matt and I are going to talk to the track manager and see about having some staging lanes reserved for us if possible. I would really like AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE to run their car. The track will be extra sticky and there will be plenty of fast cars. Bradenton is not extremely strict on the cages but please atleast have your helmets and whatever else ready. This should be a fun day for most everyone as I know many of us really enjoy the track. I have also invited many cobra/vette/etc.. guys from all over and I know many of them will be ready to run at the track so lets all have some fun.

We will have C16 available at the dyno day and at the track. We are going to bring two 54 gallon drums which should be more then enough from what I can tell so far. I will let you all know what the pricing is going to be as that has yet to be determined but it will be fair.

Hotel:

The Double Tree will be our main meeting spot and in the past has been a hotel where several out of towners have stayed. It is a very nice facility in an excellent location. Information and the address can all be found in the following link. http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/...GGGERQZCN4CSGBIVM22QKIYFC3UUC?ctyhocn=TPARHDT

There is also a Holiday Inn Express that is located right by the Double Tree
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/tpaap

Once again I will update this thread as I finalize all other details.

IF YOU WANT TO GET YOUR CAR ON THE DYNO FOR FREEEEEEEE.... AND CANT SIGN UP ON SF POST HERE AND ILL RESERVE A SPOT FOR YOU.... ITS 3 FREE PULLS WITH A WB! ALL THE MK3S IN FL SHOULD BE THERE!!

ALSO PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE OR PM ME OR WHATEVER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AND ILL BE UPDATING THIS AS I GET INFO. THANKS!

Last edited:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
T&J will be there, of course... Last year, bhg the morning we were leaving, so hopefully that wont happen this time, lol...

But yeah, the silver bullet will be there...

MKIIIs represent this time! Last year we had TWO MKIIIs dyno, and those two better be back... *Brad and Justin* And this time these guys will do better, as I know both have been really working hard over the last year on their Supras...

Lets get more MKIIIs out there to show those other guys we got what it takes to hang with them...

Aight peace...

Jake

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
DATES ARE FINALIZED! BE THERE!

Alright the original date was finally given a 100% go ahead.

Dyno day: Saturday November 19th beginning at 10am

Track day: Sunday November 20th, cruising down to BMP for Runday Sunday

So everyone clear that weekend if you havent already and get your cars ready. I will make the official thread with the schedule etc..... Wednesday evening when I get home. Also anyone who is going to need C16 over the course of the weekend please post in the thread here in the FL forum about it.

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
I'll be there :)

If anyone is coming from out of town I have an extra bed and couch that is about 10 minutes away from race related.

EDIT: if you need help getting your car ready for this meet I'm sure jayson would LOVE to do it.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
psifactor said:
I'll be there :)

If anyone is coming from out of town I have an extra bed and couch that is about 10 minutes away from race related.

EDIT: if you need help getting your car ready for this meet I'm sure jayson would LOVE to do it.

:biglaugh:

yeah like i dont have enough to do between finishing up your car, basically building bills engine and finishing his car, helping jeremie drop his engine back in and getting his going, and oh yeah MY own poor neglected car :cry: :cry: