OEM HG Question

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
csnow said:
I would say it is that simple if you are staying OEM. I am from a background of V8 high compression powered cars and no one ran MHG's even the low compression supercharged V8s.
If the block or head is not flat, and he puts it back together, you will spit out the headgasket again. It has nothing to do with being metal or not. Or high compression V8 or not. I am not a proponent of a MHG. If something has to give, let it be the gasket and not a piston.

This is why people have the dreaded BHG shortly after the job is finished.
And that is exactly what I said.:)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
studs dont have to overcome the friction of the block to be torqued. you get a better torque reading off them, and they're stronger, and supposedly dont need to re-torque them, although i'll be checking mine in a week or so...

call your local toyota dealer, or contact jeff @ champion toyota and get a quote for an OEM gasket. it cant be too expensive...

-shaeff

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
koulee said:
I've heard 75 lbs max or you will squish the headgasket.

I believe a new toyota headgasket can take more than that if you follow the procedure right with moly lube etc. I am running a stocker at 85lbs (arp bolts) for several months now at 12psi with no problems whatsoever. (knocks on wood lol).

Jim

turbomk3

Apr 1, 2005
yeah i just did my hg job and i have the stock hg. with arp studs tq down to 87lbs and i run 14lbs daily with no probs. and great compression.