OEM bottom end bearings

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
I have edited my previous post with the pictures in BIG RED letters. Can someone please verify this is all correct?

Also, does this mean if i get a replacement crank, using the numbers i can still get the correct bearings needed without any machine work?

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Yes, all your photos and naming appear correct.

If you get a replacement crank, then grab a micrometer and verify that all the crank journals are still within the range, given the numbers stamped on the crank. The cross-reference chart is in the TSRM.

After you have cleaned out the oil passages thoroughly, and checked the crank for any other signs of damage, you should be able to use it without machining along with the proper Toyota select-fit bearings.

All this means is that you might be able to avoid machine work *on-the-crank-itself*. Rod big-ends are an entirely different story. I highly recommend you get them checked for out-of-round, and resize them accordingly. This machine work is well worth it.

I would definitely measure the inner diameter of the rod big ends and main bores, along with all crankshaft diameters and select bearings based off of those measurements instead of going with the numbers. After 20 years of wear those stamped numbers will probably not be in the right clearance ranges. Mine weren't even close...