OBX Turbo-H Exhaust Syastem

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
OBX is well known for their shitty products. It is no wonder they haven't listed the piping size or any more about it.

For what its worth, "Shit is good!" is their company slogan...it would be a cold day in hell before I supported that.

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
adampecush;1273934 said:
OBX is well known for their shitty products. It is no wonder they haven't listed the piping size or any more about it.

For what its worth, "Shit is good!" is their company slogan...it would be a cold day in hell before I supported that.

I have heard complaints here and there but never realized how bad they really are. Most of their stuff looks good, is it really that bad?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
1. There's a good chance fitment sucks
2. It is probably cheap SS with crappy welds
3. Probably not 3" piping, at least not the entire exhaust system
4. The actual muffler is probably crappy and will get loud out of no where one day.

Just spend a little more and get an exhaust that you know a little more about.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
This has been listed in the OBX catalog for nearly 2 years. However, upon last check, it does not actually exist yet.

They have all sorts of things listed in the catalog that are not available, like FFI for 7M, and 3 different catback systems.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
nothing of the whole thing. just a pic of my cars ass.
p1275177_1.jpg

the car is low, but the pipe itself is about as snug against the undercarriage as it can be without touching. other than the tip being huge, i also kinda wish it was an inch or so bigger, that way i wouldnt get the good ol carbon bumper....but oh well....keeps me on my toes with washin her :)

pic doesnt quite do the tip justice....it eats pretty much any other tip ive stuck against it...i believe its a little over 5"?

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
I have an OBX exhaust on my 91 CRX si (put the exhaust on about 6 years ago in high school). The exhaust is still in excellant shape (withstanding WI winters like a champ), sounds as good as the D16A6 can, and looked absolutely beautiful when I first received it. I don't think I would trust everything OBX makes but its pretty hard to mess up an exhaust.

just my $.02

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Can't really screw up an exhaust other then fitment. If someone is planning to keep it long enough for the crappy stainless to wear out then they will also probably buy a quality brand. After dealing with their customer service over a AFPR that completely failed and almost F-ed my fresh rebuild I would never buy another product from them. Saying they will send me another one and then I send mine back when I receive the new one so I can get my car up and running is ridiculous! And the fact they said it would be a min of 4 weeks as they have to send the $2 diaphram to the facory in Asia to get a replacement!

Bullshit products and service!

Seth

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
turbo87targa;1275177 said:
p1275740_1.jpg

the car is low, but the pipe itself is about as snug against the undercarriage as it can be without touching. other than the tip being huge, i also kinda wish it was an inch or so bigger, that way i wouldnt get the good ol carbon bumper....but oh well....keeps me on my toes with washin her :)

pic doesnt quite do the tip justice....it eats pretty much any other tip ive stuck against it...i believe its a little over 5"?

Would you recommend that exhaust to others? How is the sound? How much did you pay for yours?

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
I didn't pay anything, it was on my car when I bought it. It sounds nice, deep rumble and it fits well. I really don't have anything negative to say about it other than it's SS.

That said tho if I had to buy another exhaust I would look elsewhere as it is SS, and the tip is too big for my taste.

That and I'd rather support our vendors and buy one from them :)

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
turbo87targa;1275177 said:
p1277065_1.jpg

Is it all 3" piping? can you take any pics of underneath the car?