Obsolete MKIII parts; are there any?...yet?

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Bottom line is most every color is discontinued unless its still in the country. it just supersedes to the shadow gray I have been completing my car that was stripped to Nothing. There was many things discontinued . I really wanted new sunvisors. Oh well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Toyota theft deterent system enhancement; My car has a prodate of Jan 91. Do I need the install kit? I show two good part numbers still.

08585-00861 upgrade kit

00398-14910 installation for Supra

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Many years ago I remember people scrambling to get the last few TDSE kits left. I would be shocked if they had found some more since then. The enhancement was a remote fob integrated with the factory alarm.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
RazoE;1605919 said:
what's the enhancement though? The little microphone in the a-pillar?

Having a door clicker called the fob as pointed out, and glass breakage sensing. I am going to change the door lock solenoids, and as long as I am taking stuff apart, I might as well make it as good as I can.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The cygnusx1 site shows left and right side as well as the acronym ARL. I don't know what that is. Are factory TEMS still available, front and rear? Champion doesn't show left and right for the knuckle, so the upper mount has to be the same 180 out.

89Turbo7M

BLUEBULLET
Jan 12, 2008
area 51
cooler refrigerant suction #1 part number 88712-1b090 toyota does not make them anymore looking for a brand new or used mint one not leaking broken etc need one bad

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Hey Jeff, the Cygnusx and Champions sites both show more than one price . The rectifier with its holder, and has the battery stud on it.

27357-50040. If I input that in Champion part number search I get $129.78. MSRP about 50 more. If I look up rectifier through year make and model it costs a lot more.

The Cygnusx site shows both $100, and $326 on the same number, 27357-50040.

I don't expect you to figure out a competitor site, but I don't understand the two prices.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291220/part.aspx?S=27357

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Start using the NAPO catalog, and not the "General" catalog, it will make your searching easier. ARL means Australia. ("General" is for everything that isn't Japan or North America).

As for using the Champion "Catalog" to look up the parts, I've found it often incorrect and hard to use. Go by part number it will be much more friendly.

As for the Cygnus site, the $326 is for 27357-42010, which is no longer available, and changes up to 27357-50040, which it gives the price for at $100.

mlddjb;1611777 said:
cooler refrigerant suction #1 part number 88712-1b090 toyota does not make them anymore looking for a brand new or used mint one not leaking broken etc need one bad

Been obsolete for 7 years, doubt you'll find a new one. :( Can either have one made or get a used one at this point.

Jeff

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Nick M;1607513 said:
The cygnusx1 site shows left and right side as well as the acronym ARL. I don't know what that is. Are factory TEMS still available, front and rear? Champion doesn't show left and right for the knuckle, so the upper mount has to be the same 180 out.

Yes, factory TEMS are still available, 48510-19185 for Front, and 48530-19136 for rear. Upper mounts are the same L+R.

Jeff

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Jeff, sorry in advance this is a little OT but sort of on too, and I figured you may best know the answer

I was looking at getting a new windshield washer reservoir, but the JDM part number is no longer available, there are few different USDM part numbers, I am not sure on the differences and also any reason why it wouldnt be compatible with my car

I know that some USDM cars have the headlight washers but other than that cant see any other differences.

Is there a different capacity across the part numbers?

DeadlyWrenches

Jan 9, 2010
CT
I needed driver's side view mirror glass a couple years ago, the dealer took my money and the next day told me it was discontinued. I ended up going to a local auto glass shop and had no problem.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
HKS_TRD;1616873 said:
Jeff, sorry in advance this is a little OT but sort of on too, and I figured you may best know the answer

I was looking at getting a new windshield washer reservoir, but the JDM part number is no longer available, there are few different USDM part numbers, I am not sure on the differences and also any reason why it wouldnt be compatible with my car

I know that some USDM cars have the headlight washers but other than that cant see any other differences.

Is there a different capacity across the part numbers?

As far as I know the only difference is the headlight washers. There are a few different part numbers, a couple change up to others.

That being said, they're all obsolete... Not sure what's different to the JDM one, but since you'll have to find a used one anyways, might as well find a JDM one so you know it will fit for sure.

DeadlyWrenches;1616986 said:
I needed driver's side view mirror glass a couple years ago, the dealer took my money and the next day told me it was discontinued. I ended up going to a local auto glass shop and had no problem.

Yup, glass is obsolete (pre-89 and 89+).

Jeff

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Pre89 red metallic door moldings are disc., along with upper qtr glass moldings. I think I just ordered the last one. Other then one upper qtr glass molding I have a full set. Drip rails, side vents, windsheild, hatch, qtr glass, and lower door glass weather stripping. I hate there is so much obsolete, I still need quite a few interior parts as well.