Obsolete MKIII parts; are there any?...yet?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Jeff Lange;1580301 said:
There are a LOT of obsolete MK3 parts, and more going obsolete every day. If there's anything you REALLY need, buy it now if you still can. That is my advice, haha.

Rear hatch glass is still available.
CT26 is still available.
Seat belts are still available, but only in Shadow Grey, no other colours.
Dash is not available.

Quarter panels are not available.
Sunvisors are not available.

Jeff

Aren't the cut-off years about 20 years after the model year?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
soup;1580306 said:
power steering rack discontinued in December '09

All new power steering racks are obsolete (pre-89, 89+ with & without PPS). The only real option left from Toyota for the MK3 is the pre-89 reman rack which is still available. They never offered remans for the 89+ for some reason.

redma70;1580323 said:
According to Valley Toyota(where I work) there is only 1 drivers side 89+ tail light gasket left in Canada lol Gotta order them from California

Yeah, but there are plenty in California.

Nick M;1580368 said:
Floor mats?

Probably one of the first things to go obsolete, way back in the 90's I'd bet.

JDMMA70;1580375 said:
Pre89 Foglamps, Most Pre89 Parts.

Many pre-89 specific parts are indeed obsolete, including the fog lights and front bumper cover.

maj75;1580416 said:
I think there are only 2 taillight gaskets for 87-88 in the SE.
rear hatch struts 87-88
2 Hoses that go on the stock BOV

May be only 2 in the SE, but there are 50 in NAPO California.
Yup the struts are obsolete, but 89+ ones should work fine.
All 3 hoses on the stock BOV are obsolete.

Dirgle;1580434 said:
Nope Shadow Grey is Toyota's version of black.

No, shadow grey is just a darker grey. Black is Toyota's version of black, haha. Toyota calls it grey for a reason. The only black interior parts that came in the Supra were the black leather seats on 1992 models, Toyota calls them black.

suprarx7nut;1580440 said:
I just tried to get valve body gaskets in and Toyota here said they are not available. :( Now I'm fucked.

Not sure what they were looking up, but I don't see any valve body gaskets that are obsolete, stock on all of them.

lowtaco;1580490 said:
Roof Skins arent available anymore and I need one.

That is correct, all obsolete.

RazoE;1580496 said:
Aren't the cut-off years about 20 years after the model year?

There is no set cut off, body parts (especially interior) get discontinued much faster than drivetrain parts, which are almost all still available.

Parts that get frequently ordered usually stay in production for quite some time as well, though eventually demand dwindles, parts stop being produced and then once stock runs out then there are no more to be had.

Dealers often times tell people parts aren't available, when what really happens is they aren't in production any more, but there may still be stock. If you put the order in, Japan may still supply them.

Jeff

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Jeff Lange;1580614 said:
No, shadow grey is just a darker grey. Black is Toyota's version of black, haha. Toyota calls it grey for a reason. The only black interior parts that came in the Supra were the black leather seats on 1992 models, Toyota calls them black.

Damn, always looked black to me, epically when compared to grey.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Jeff, you said there are reman'd pre89 racks... how much do those run (no discounts applied)?

Mine is due for a change haha

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
my dealer cant get the window regulators for a 89+
= and i need both
i need the rails, felts and stops as well, they just said no to all the window stuff

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Dirgle;1580637 said:
Sat in one and still thinks it's black, but whatever.

31621000056_large.jpg

Doesn't look black to me. :dunno:

If you're in a 1992 with black leather maybe it made the rest of the interior look darker too? :dunno:

fixitman04;1580688 said:
my dealer cant get the window regulators for a 89+
= and i need both
i need the rails, felts and stops as well, they just said no to all the window stuff

Regulators can still be had, 6 of the one side 7 of the other in California.

Jeff

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Jeff Lange;1580698 said:
31621000056_large.jpg

Doesn't look black to me. :dunno:

If you're in a 1992 with black leather maybe it made the rest of the interior look darker too? :dunno:

That may very well be the case. The one I sat in looked far darker than that picture shows, plus there was a gray one setting next to it, so you could really see the difference. To me it definitely looked like black. Not charcoal black like Chrysler or BMW's but definitely dark.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Shadow gray actually has a slight green tint to it..

my floor mats are green in my 92, but they look like they belong, and I've seen plenty of faded shadow gray cloth seats that are greenish...

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
Freakin' just got clipped on the left corner by someone in a parking lot, hit-and-run...The '91-92' only super red mouldings are NLA, supposedly they only make super white and gray anymore, the two most common colors. Now I gotta convince my insurance company to paint all 11 mouldings the same color as the body, or something. The outer layer of clear rubber protecting the three red stripes can't be reconditioned to be transparent again, can it?

And a week before that, my shadow gray inner door pull/handle broke, lol, also NLA and almost extinct used due to all you shadow gray interior swappers. Thinking about taking it to a upolstery shop; it looks fine, just the plastic parts on the inside that bolt it to the door broke.

Toyota could charge an arm and a leg for these parts, and I'd freakin' pay it. WTF?

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
jeff, whats your price, id get the channel felts and stops as well. (if available) im dealing with idiots here (the kind where you could be having the best day walking in and be homicidal walking out)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
My shadow gray leather is only a little darker than the cloth velour seats shown. The rear hatch cloth is actually a dark gray. I ordered and got the coin holder with the lid in front of the center console/armrest. So you can still get that piece. Or at least Champion had it. Also, if you order a new radiator, it might not be like the old. My new unit is new cafe compliant Toyota style, aluminum and plastic.

Last edited:

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Passenger side gearbox wing bracket has been discontinued, but drivers side is still available on special order.. What's the point discontinuing something that you in most cases need in pair? ..