O-ring boss (ORB) fittings on 7M vavlecovers

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I'm looking to clean up the mess that is my PCV system routing and replace the pressed-in tubes with o-ring boss fittings. Surely somebody here has done this - what size fittings did you use? It looks like a shallow mount ORB fitting is necessary - is that a DIY thing, or can they actually be found somewhere?

Thanks,
Adam

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Did you remove the oil baffle when you did this? My main concern is that the fitting will hit the baffle and essentially eliminate my PCV system.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
i used m12 to -8 adapter fittings. drilled and tapped the valvecovers. if i were to do it again, i would use NPT to -8, or better yet, weld a fitting onto the valvecovers.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I've got some small pieces of pipe welded on the top now instead of the press on tubes. I didn't see the need for having them removeable and they were constantly leaking. I still have a small rubber hose/coupling going to the PCV pipe.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
My fittings were rather stubby so they did not bottom out. I did not remove my baffles, I just cleaned the insides very good and blew the debris out.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
oldsking;1709759 said:
My fittings were rather stubby so they did not bottom out. I did not remove my baffles, I just cleaned the insides very good and blew the debris out.

Good stuff, thats the exact info I was looking for. By any chance do you recall the part number or manufacturer of the fittings?

Thanks,
Adam