NY State inspection sticker

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
Inspection is going to be needed when i get insurance and registration back on the car..(been put away for winter time) Anyone in NYS that is able to get inspection stickers?

Just curious :naughty:

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
it will pass i just hate doing it.. they always are like you need new wipers or this and that, they always try to screw me i dont know why...

Good example is i took my parents car which is brand new 1 year old and they were like you need this and that... Father brought it down later and they passed it

Wendigo

Ericsplosion
Jul 25, 2005
New Paltz NY
Ah, do you look young? Mechanic's can often suck like that. They shouldn't charge you if the inspection fails, just go somewhere else.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Wendigo said:
Ah, do you look young? Mechanic's can often suck like that. They shouldn't charge you if the inspection fails, just go somewhere else.

most places charge pass or fail.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Hehe I remeber one of my friends driving home from an inspection with a big "F" on his windshield because he was missing something stupid like wipers. Got a "second opinion" and passed without a problem. This may have been in MA though.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
when i was 16, i had a '71 chevy pickup truck (i'm only 23 now, by the way). the first time i took it to inspect, they failed it. i asked why, and they gave me a line of B.S. so long it was incredible.

they didn't know that i put the truck back together by myself, therefore i knew they were lying, and i called them out on everything they said was wrong with the truck. the guy said he had to speak with "the other mechanic" and that i should "wait outside". i stood by the open bay door, and smiled as they gently placed a new sticker in my windsheild. ;)

-shaeff

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
bigal0043 said:
what does that mean? are you able to get stickers for people for a price?

it means i have my lisence and my cars always seems to pass emission, but i cant help you out, the dealer i work for is strict about it. break my balls about my own stuff. Sry.