NX2000 vs Supra

foofers

One who lurks.
Apr 3, 2005
SF, CA
I went to watch some racing a week ago. I drove over there in my supra (89T with intake and 2.5 piping exhaust). There was this NX2000 that wanted to race my car, but I wasn't up for it....so I lent my friend my car.

Both cars took off pretty even, but in the end the NX pulled ahead I think by 2-3 cars- this was a ~1/4 race. So I asked the guy what he had in his car. He was running an SR20VE with N1 cams? and had an AFC Neo. So he is suppose to beat my car right?

coreybear08

Aug 21, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
just wondering here...if you have a turbo...why are you running a 2.5" exhaust?? leave stuff that small to a n/a!!

but yes...with that motor and those mods...those were the right outcomes

foofers

One who lurks.
Apr 3, 2005
SF, CA
I got the 2.5 piping cause at the time that was all that was available...the reason was my old exhaust was all rusted out and when I hit a speed bump it broke off so I had to get a quick replacement.

hehe... the NSX is way out of my reach.

styin'se-r

the sr20 ninja
May 4, 2006
NY
the nx2000 with the sr20ve and the cams with a good tune is probably putting close to 200 at the wheels. Its a potent N/A motor in a light car.

tea_mkIII

Aug 3, 2006
Claudville, VA
bigger exhaust is what u need....wills right, you should have beaten him or atleast gotten closer, maybe you should drive next time instead of your friend?

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
The "SR" is the "1JZ" of 4 cylinder motors for Nissan. Lots of guys take a perfectly good 2.4 liter KA out and put in a 2.0 liter SR. Its a very stout motor and 300 RWHP isnt uncommon, I think there are a few here in AZ with over 400RWHP.

I never saw one of those NX2000 souped up, they were pretty dated looking the day they came out. But every car looks better with wheels and tires, How did it look? If I remember correctly they came with some pretty disco looking wheels or hubcaps.

I dont think those cars were as light as 1800 lbs but yea if he did anything at all to that motor he probably would have beaten your car. And seeing as he went thru the trouble of putting it in an entirely different vehicle Im sure he did the few things it takes to make any turbo motor GO! (bigger intake and exhaust plumbing is usually all it takes).