numbnuts on craigslist

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Was just scanning clist and saw this.

1993 Ford Taurus V6 3.0 Flex-Fuel Vehicle - $790 (Marshfield)

V 6 Cylinder 3.0 Engine Flex-Fuel Vehicle (Gasoline / E-85), Automatic Transmission, with Approximately 120,000. This beautiful car also has power brakes, power steering, power mirrors, air conditioning, digitized speedometer, dynamic fuel-use calculator, trip odometer, cruise control, tilt steering wheel, and duel front-seat air bags, and an AM/FM six-speaker stereo radio. As you can see in the below photos, the external body and paint are very clean and otherwise in good shape, as is the interior space, including the seats, dashboard, and floors. While in operation, the oil was changed at approximately each 3,000-mile interval. This vehicle is being sold as is and at a reduced price because of the following circumstance: It does not run currently, and has not operated for approximately three years. Known problems are that the battery needs replacement, the carburetor needs repair or replacement, some brake work will be required, and at least one of the straps holding the gas tank in place will need to be replaced. There may be other problems of which I am unaware caused of the amount of time the car has been unused. Before the carburetor problem occurred, the engine was otherwise running well. The car will need to be towed from its current location and cannot be returned once purchased. A cash only payment in-full will be required at the time of the sale, which will be considered final

Problems I see

They had flexfuel in 1993?!
They used carburetors in 1993?!
Flexfuel only showed up a few years ago, the ad said the car hasnt ran in 3 years.
I live 20 mins away from this guy, and to date i have never seen a gas station around here that sells E85.

Am I crazy or is this guy a dumbass?

Heres a link the ad if anyone is interested in getting his phone number and fucking with him.
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/1324394790.html