p1946842_3.jpg

Today

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;1946848 said:
I guess this is how you make a perfect car better....

Now I guess you'll have Beauty AND the Beast.

Far from perfect...just wanna keep up with the rest of you.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Let me explain my comment just so you know I'm not blowing smoke up your arse.... Lol.

I think everyone familiar with you and your car will agree on this... NTORIOUS is one if those cars that lived up to its name. I use your car as a benchmark because it has been the epitome of what most have in mind when they start. Having never seen it other than electronically I can't comment on flaws, but the thoughtfulness of the build shows.

Mk3's aren't the super super sports car like a mkiv is envisioned, but I can't think of anyone who would bad mouth your car when sitting beside it. The car just suits itself, if you know what I mean.

My car will be done when I consider it on a par with yours.

... Now add that to the fact that you present yourself here with such a "classy" attitude and I think that's why we all respect you as well as the car. After all... In the end, all our cars are mk3's. it's how we put them together that makes them so remarkable.

Your car was what started me with mine.

1jz-Rolla

Sep 11, 2011
Canberra
^^^ All I hear above is "you had me at hello" :p

.............and I totally agree. Your car is well known enough around the world Rodel to be considered a benchmark. and a tasteful one at that.

Keep the updates rolling! ;)

Cheers

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;1947076 said:
Let me explain my comment just so you know I'm not blowing smoke up your arse.... Lol.

I think everyone familiar with you and your car will agree on this... NTORIOUS is one if those cars that lived up to its name. I use your car as a benchmark because it has been the epitome of what most have in mind when they start. Having never seen it other than electronically I can't comment on flaws, but the thoughtfulness of the build shows.

Mk3's aren't the super super sports car like a mkiv is envisioned, but I can't think of anyone who would bad mouth your car when sitting beside it. The car just suits itself, if you know what I mean.

My car will be done when I consider it on a par with yours.

... Now add that to the fact that you present yourself here with such a "classy" attitude and I think that's why we all respect you as well as the car. After all... In the end, all our cars are mk3's. it's how we put them together that makes them so remarkable.

Your car was what started me with mine.

1jz-Rolla;1947082 said:
^^^ All I hear above is "you had me at hello" :p

.............and I totally agree. Your car is well known enough around the world Rodel to be considered a benchmark. and a tasteful one at that.

Keep the updates rolling! ;)

Cheers

Thank you for positive words, gentlemen. It's flattering that fellow hobbyists are influenced by NTORIOS. On the flip side, many of my styling and performance implementations come from you guys. There are still many things to improve upon.

"World Class." Let's do it!

More updates to come.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Highly agree with Grandavi, after I got my MK3 and joined this forum then I saw your car in the post your supra thread I instantly fell in love with it. It's so clean I could feel that you pay attention to detail every little bit of the body and lip kit, etc. sets it off and flows together. I am not saying everyone else MK3 is crap but yours burned into my memory every time I stand back and stare at my MK3, which is every time I am near it, I envision it to look similar or be inspired by yours; however, I don't want to do that either because it won't feel as special to me as it would if it entirely was modded to my taste then again it's not impossible for 2 people to have the same or similar taste. I do also love the classy and modest attitude you have it invites us to chat with you without thinking, "I hope this guy isn't a douchebag".

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Doat;1947313 said:
Highly agree with Grandavi, after I got my MK3 and joined this forum then I saw your car in the post your supra thread I instantly fell in love with it. It's so clean I could feel that you pay attention to detail every little bit of the body and lip kit, etc. sets it off and flows together. I am not saying everyone else MK3 is crap but yours burned into my memory every time I stand back and stare at my MK3, which is every time I am near it, I envision it to look similar or be inspired by yours; however, I don't want to do that either because it won't feel as special to me as it would if it entirely was modded to my taste then again it's not impossible for 2 people to have the same or similar taste. I do also love the classy and modest attitude you have it invites us to chat with you without thinking, "I hope this guy isn't a douchebag".

Thank you, Doat!

Good luck with your project. I was looking for your build thread, but didn't see one. Having a style of your own is good thing!

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
I'm sure this new bumper styling will get mixed feedback.

Old and busted OEM bumper with grill that has been cut out + Abflug Lip
p1947317_1.jpg

S2 airguide
p1947317_2.jpg

The airguide was massaged/trimmed so that it fits perfectly.
p1947317_3.jpg

Molding in S2 airguide
p1947317_4.jpg

Modified the Abflug lip to S2 style by chopping the side burns. Also, the parts that overlap the bumper were chopped off for a cleaner look.
sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

The round tunnels for projector lights.
p1947317_5.jpeg

Primed.
p1947317_6.jpg

The backside
p1947317_7.jpeg

p1947317_8.jpeg

p1947317_9.jpeg

End result
p1947317_10.jpeg

p1947317_11.jpg

Pardon the picture quality for now.
p1947317_12.jpg

p1947317_13.jpg

Last edited:

1jz-Rolla

Sep 11, 2011
Canberra
Very different! I like the combo of S2 airguide and abflug lip, interested to see more pics of the whole car in balance when its rolling again.

What's the plan with the projector beams? Will they be on a separate switch, or wired in with the headlights?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
AbsoluteSpeed;1947342 said:
Beautifully done. The projectors aren't my thing but the way they are moulded looks phenomenal. You would never know it wasn't original.

Thank you. We each have our tastes, which is a good thing.

1jz-Rolla;1947320 said:
Very different! I like the combo of S2 airguide and abflug lip, interested to see more pics of the whole car in balance when its rolling again.

What's the plan with the projector beams? Will they be on a separate switch, or wired in with the headlights?

The Greddy bumper and oem bumper/airguide front ends have become very popular, so I wanted to have something unique. The center lights will be wired up independently of the headlights and foglights.

I will have more pics taken at different angles shortly.

Last edited:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
rodel;1947316 said:
Thank you, Doat!

Good luck with your project. I was looking for your build thread, but didn't see one. Having a style of your own is good thing!
I have not begun my project yet that won't be for awhile lol. First to come is the 2jzge-t swap and my mind is turning into scrambled eggs from reading up on it.

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Engine bay looks awesome, car looks beautiful.... I read everybody comments and i agree on what they said rodel your car stands on its own and its true your car is know all over and that's a good thing very few people tackle the MKIII they just go the MKIV (don't get wrong its a awesome car) but seeing your car people actually want to build a MKIII. I for one every time I see your car :love: wished I still had a MKIII and build it to look as "classy" and awesome like yours.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
I need whoever does your body/paint work to come to Texas and do my car -_-

Looks good though. very different, yet clean.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
lithium14;1947551 said:
I need whoever does your body/paint work to come to Texas and do my car -_-

Looks good though. very different, yet clean.

Thank you. Ironically, my buddy, Roy, who did the body work on the bumper moved to Socal from TX a few years ago.

His Supra:
rdl_roy_supra_13_-b.jpg

sig-rdl_roy_supra_11_-b.jpg

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Fuel system work in progress. Surge tank and external fuel pumps located above the diff.
p1947566_1.jpg

Fuel lines
p1947566_2.jpg

p1947566_3.jpg

Ron R. Intake Manifold
Before:
p1947566_4.jpg

After picking up from the polisher today.
p1947566_5.jpg

Inside the manifold.
p1947566_6.jpg

Last edited:

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Thanks for posting the pics of the fuel lines as I am going to be starting mine soon
Are the ends of the hardlines flared or do you use the screw on compression fittings with the olives?

Everything is looking great, keep up the good work its giving me some inspiration!

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
HKS_TRD;1947601 said:
Thanks for posting the pics of the fuel lines as I am going to be starting mine soon
Are the ends of the hardlines flared or do you use the screw on compression fittings with the olives?

Everything is looking great, keep up the good work its giving me some inspiration!

The ends are flared.

Thanks! Your project is awesome, full of attention to detail.